Thread: 200mw mains powered chinese laser? power adgustment?

Default 200mw mains powered chinese laser? power adgustment?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_57.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	46062
    does any one have experience with this laser? mine works fine i just would like to turn down the power for some applications. on the inside it has 2 adjustments one is for the tec and i don't know the other, i just got it so i don't want to be careless with it. it runs on 120-240 volts, has a tec with feed back but the damn maker sanded off the markings on the main semiconductors. now that i think about it i should have opted for analog control rather then ttl.
    Right now i think i will cut some of the beam power with a prism
    Last edited by Draco; 01-16-2015 at 11:36.
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

i have a second question regarding TTL control, grounding the line, does that blank the beam or does a logic high blank the beam?
    it seems this hunk of crap is working backwards from what i know TTL to be, unless they sent me an analog controlled unit, that would be a plus
    Last edited by Draco; 01-17-2015 at 02:34.
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Chinese "TTL" lasers often need a NPN transistor to pull down their blanking input. Sometimes a HC series 74HC04 inverter will work, but usually the inverter needs to be a NPN with say 1K ohm in the base and 470 ohms in the collector to pull down the input. A quick test is to short the input to the laser's Ground via a low Cost Radio Shack 470 Ohm, 1/4th watt resistor. If the laser winks out, you need a pulldown. If the laser does not blank, check switch settings.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Thank you, it did blank when i grounded the line, right now i just built an adapter with a switch, i have the other parts and will build a circuit for that