Thread: New member from...Paris (France) ! [dreaming of having Pangolin]

Smile New member from...Paris (France) ! [dreaming of having Pangolin]

Hello to every one in North America, and especially in Florida, "The Sunshine State" !
    First, I hope you will forgive my English.
    I live in Paris, France.

Yet, I just feel comfortable reading posts from your places...and moreover about Laser !

As a matter of fact I really love North America where we used to go every year from 1997 to 2004 (my honeymoon summer !).
    We have been always so very nicely welcome & treated in US and we just miss "American Way of Life"

Our last trip was Paris -> Philly (stop to visit for 10 days Washington DC + NewYork + Philly) -> Miami (where I meet, while attending to their nice PinkFloyd Laser & Planetarium Show, Mark) - Fort Lauderdale (where we had to evacuate because of Hurricane) - Orlando (we stayed for 2d time at Wellesley Inn facing Wet'n'Wild lake) where we enjoyed (once again ;-)) Universal Studios, Wet'n'Wild, Sea World (a pity no more Aqua & Laser show)...

Best regards,
    André
    PS : I hope one day I could afford, as Laser Hobbyist, a Pangolin System ! If you hear about a "second hand" Pangolin, please think about me

Bonjour Andre ... and welcome

I visited france many years ago went to normandy area ... a beautifull coastline .... visited Mont St michelle .... and must not forget the wonderfull food

all the best .... Karl

Salut André et bienvenue!
    C'est rare de croiser des francophones sur ce forum, il me semble même qu'on est les seuls (je suis Suisse)

La seule communauté laseriste française est sur www.laserfreak.net, il y a une petite activité, peut-être que tu connais déjà...

Tout du bon sur le forum!

Seb

Welcome aboard.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Smile Greetings from the USA

Hi André;

Welcome to PhotonLexcon. Your English is just fine! Glad to have you here.

Do you have a laser projector already, or are you thinking of buying/building one? The reason I ask is that some of the UK members of PhotonLexicon are trying to organize a meeting for this summer. With the Chunnel, you could probably get there pretty quick. Gatherings like that are a great place to learn new things about lasers, laser projectors, and laser show software. (Plus you can meet some really cool people!)

I know that some of the guys in the UK are running the Pangolin hardware, so if you could get together with them at the summer meeting, you'd get a chance to see it in action. I think there will also be a few people running Mamba Black, so you could take a look at that setup as well. (Wonder if anyone will get one of the new Pangolin LA Freak setups running in time for the meeting???)

Either way, I'm sure it would be a fun experience for you. Hope you can work it into your schedule!

Adam

Thanks Karl !
    Next time you are in France, just let me know !
    Best regards,
    André

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    Bonjour Andre ... and welcome

I visited france many years ago went to normandy area ... a beautifull coastline .... visited Mont St michelle .... and must not forget the wonderfull food

all the best .... Karl

Bonjour Seb,

Merci pour ton msg.
    Ton site est très sympa !

Je connais LF : excellent forum...le seul regret est que l'Allemand est bien plus difficile d'approche pour moi.

J'ai vu que tu as MB : j'aurais été curieux de voir ses possibilités et limites !

Cordialement
    André

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Salut André et bienvenue!
    C'est rare de croiser des francophones sur ce forum, il me semble même qu'on est les seuls (je suis Suisse)

La seule communauté laseriste française est sur www.laserfreak.net, il y a une petite activité, peut-être que tu connais déjà...

Tout du bon sur le forum!

Seb

Smile Hi Adam !

Thanks for this message.

I have access to a 1,2 watt 532nm dpss...and to a 10 watts also !
    One of my good friend has built also his own rgb laser, about a little bit less than 1 watt power, consisting in air-cooled Argon for the blue, diode for red and dpss for the green.
    He intends also to buy a Lexel, but there's a spare parts missing in the power unit of this laser : have you maybe a supplyer for such things ?

I have also bought 2 handheld green laser pointer but one is not very powerful and the other one has something wrong (would need to be fixed) for when you shake it a little bit, the power goes up & down

About the gathering in UK, if I could go there (and afford the travel) I would be interested ! Hope you can give me some more info about that

Last, but not least, if you hear about a (very !) good deal with a second hand Pangolin, think about me please

All the best,
    André
    PS : if one day I can come again in the US, I hope you and other members will give me a way contact and, if possible, to visit you !

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Hi André;

Welcome to PhotonLexcon. Your English is just fine! Glad to have you here.

Do you have a laser projector already, or are you thinking of buying/building one? The reason I ask is that some of the UK members of PhotonLexicon are trying to organize a meeting for this summer. With the Chunnel, you could probably get there pretty quick. Gatherings like that are a great place to learn new things about lasers, laser projectors, and laser show software. (Plus you can meet some really cool people!)

I know that some of the guys in the UK are running the Pangolin hardware, so if you could get together with them at the summer meeting, you'd get a chance to see it in action. I think there will also be a few people running Mamba Black, so you could take a look at that setup as well. (Wonder if anyone will get one of the new Pangolin LA Freak setups running in time for the meeting???)

Either way, I'm sure it would be a fun experience for you. Hope you can work it into your schedule!

Adam

Merci Même que mon site n'est plus du tout à jour, mon projecteur a bien évolué depuis... Je le mettrai à jour tantôt.

Bien sûr LF est essentiellement allemand, mais une partie du forum est dédiée aux francophones et elle est bien active!

Pour le soft, j'ai Mamba 2004 et non pas le Black, mais il est très semblable.
    J'en suis très satisfait, il est simple et intuitif... Je t'en dis volontiers d'avantage si tu as des questions précises...

Seb

Quote Originally Posted by andre92150 View Post
    Bonjour Seb,

Merci pour ton msg.
    Ton site est très sympa !

Je connais LF : excellent forum...le seul regret est que l'Allemand est bien plus difficile d'approche pour moi.

J'ai vu que tu as MB : j'aurais été curieux de voir ses possibilités et limites !

Cordialement
    André