View Poll Results: HAVE YOU EVER USED AN ILDA FORMAT THREE FILE

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have no idea what Formats I use. They just Load.

5 25.00%
  • Yes, I've knowingly been sent a Format Three FILE

5 25.00%
  • NO, I have not used a Format Three file.

9 45.00%
  • Why Do I even care.

1 5.00%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ilda format three

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

James did not come up with a format 3, Ilda came up with a format 3... then vandalised it and recognising the vandalism, deprecated it and replaced it by format 4 and 5, instead of fixing it like James would have wanted. I think that's the core of the whole format 3 issue.
    And the Chinese do indeed only know format 0. What's Ilda going to do about that?

My mistake... I had done a lot of reading about this particular issue, somehow my brain must have made the connection that this was James' work...

Even wackier that he would hang onto this issue for so long, given that this wasn't even his creation... If he had "created" format 3 I could understand...

Wow...

I guess ILDA needs to get some chinese members on board to solve the format 0 only issue...

I know what some of you are thinking... "New guy, jumping in to a topic he probably knows nothing about..."

Truth is, I know how it is to try and do something for "the community" and you feel like your hard work isn't even being acknowledged, let alone recognized. How do you think I feel after 23 years of hard work and selfless promotion for bands all across the globe; bands which 99% of the U.S. population aren't ever going to give a shit about because of "those growly vocals," or "this stuff won't ever get radio play," or "where's the videos on MTV or whatever???"

I kinda saw some of that at this past mini-LEM... It's okay, I'm used to it by now, but maybe I'm the only one who can understand someone struggling just to be heard... Problem is, the louder you are, the less people listen... It's akin to people who get sick and tired of those christians preaching at everyone, like their way is the only way. Everyone has some kind of core audience (my audience is a worldwide total of 770 "likes" on facebook... Wish that had been around many years ago!) and that's who you wanna reach... Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but keep in mind I'm talking about 23 years of doing all this music work and promotion and not receiving one thin dime... So I feel for a guy like James, who obviously has more talent and skills than I may ever have... And to see some people get shut out like that... Yeah it brings up memories, lol...

But happy I am to keep moving forward. Hey, if you try something and it doesn't work, aren't there other ways to go about it? That's why I haven't given up yet... That's why I still do what I do because I KNOW there are people who appreciate what I bring to the table... There are people who dig what laserboy can do, though I wish the interface was more windows like, but I got some use out of the program...

Time to maybe just look left or right to see what other paths are out there rather than just keeping eyes forward all the time...

"Refuses to evolve," lol sounds like refusing to grow up...

"Refuses to move on?"

--The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek--
    Joseph Campbell.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I don't know, Gary. It's like you've never read anything I've ever written.

Maybe you should start working on your ILDA Format 6.

"If you aren't an ILDA member..."

Does that really make sense to you?

James.
    You'll need to get to work on that Format 6 too, Jim! I hacked LB's IN.ild and changed the 2nd frame to a fmt 6 in a hex editor... Now LB opens only the first frame and stops loading further frames after that. You know the drill, the Standard says you must skip past unrecognized sections...

I guess we have come full-circle.

Whenever it comes up and I try to discuss the issue I stick to technically sound computer science and historical facts. I have not insulted anyone in this thread. The only negative judgement I have made is that the 16 byte section header is nonsense.

As usual, the posted opposition to my statements has broken down and devolved the conversation into "who cares" and personal insults toward me.

In just the past few posts, Gary, you have insulted me and an entire nation of well over a billion people.

And it is from that point of view that you call me a jack ass.

Amazing.

James.
    Last edited by james; 01-24-2015 at 17:27.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I guess we have come full-circle.

Whenever this I try to discuss the issue I stick to technically sound computer science and historical facts. I have not insulted anyone in this thread. The only negative judgement I have made is that the 16 byte section header is nonsense.

As usual, the posted opposition to my statements has broken down and devolved the conversation into "who cares" and personal insults toward me.

In just the past few posts, Gary, you have insulted me and an entire nation of well over a billion people.

And it is from that point of view that you call me a jack ass.

Amazing.

James.
    Yes, James, we all know that you are the real victim in all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Yes, James, we all know that you are the real victim in all of this.
    More garbage.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Garbage in. Garbage out.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Garbage in. Garbage out.
    For a sum total of garbage.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials