Thread: Possibly not worth fixing but...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default Possibly not worth fixing but...

I'll throw it out there in case someone has a suggestion.

I offer uplighting to my weddings and other events here at the hall and I have 18 Chauvet Slim Par 64 RGB lights.

http://www.idjnow.com/chauvet-lighti..._campaign=Bing

One of them I recently noticed is down a little on power so the color doesn't match the other ones around the room - probably the green LED's. If I set it to white for example, it ends up being a bit pink. If I'm doing purple, it's a little darker than the others. It's maybe off from the others by about 10-15%. Any suggestions if there is something that can be checked or, am I probably better off just spending $90 for another one? I could still use this under a cake table or something by itself but, I'm guessing it's not worth getting fixed.

Probably not worth the time fixing it... I would guess three to five hours of fault finding before you figure it out... so at $10/hour it's over half the cost of a new unit before you buy replacement parts and fix it/re-assemble it....
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

The labor rates i would generally charge are by the unit but even with that i don't know if it would be worth it
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Have a look inside and see of there is only one current limiting resister in series with all the green LEDs.

That might have gotten a little cooked and gone up in value.

Then again, it might not work that way at all.

Since you have multiple units, you could try swapping out the controller and see if the problem moves.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I plugged it in yesterday in my office after I posted that and it actually seemed to be demonstrating correct power and colors. Now... it was by itself an not alongside 17 others but, it just seemed a little fluky. This light has appeared a little "off" the last few times I've set them up. I was using a different IEC cord yesterday and that was the only difference. Regardless, for what they cost I'll probably just order a couple more. They've LONG since paid for themselves. Best investment I've ever made.