Thread: Looking for 1 addtional CS-400G - LaserWorld

Laser Warning Looking for 1 addtional CS-400G - LaserWorld

Hello All! How are you?! It's been a long time :-)

My educational laser show season is quickly approaching and I am in a minor pinch...

I was looking to make a small upgrade to my show and replace my Redline system (Used for simple Ariel beams) with two satellite projectors.... The Red Line is just too flaky =/
    I actually got quite far in a projector build project with parts I have on hand but I ran into some complications and I just do not have the time to work through it all... I was warned that would happen with a baby =)

I started cheating and started looking around online to see what was out there with my limited budget..... I felt I got really lucky as LaserWorld was having a clearance sale where I cam across two CS-400G projectors ($375 Brand New)

When I ran the math I realized that although Laserworld doesn't have the best rep there was no way I could finish my projector build for less than what they were charging for these projectors. They claimed they had two in stick which I ordered.... turned out they only had 1..... There goes the dual projector upgrade =/

Does anyone out here have a lightly used / still putting out close to the same output as when purchased that they may be willing to part with?
    I know the DMX driven projectors are clumsy but these serve my purpose for now while doing live beam effects while projecting my Pangolin shows.
    They also have ILDA inputs so when I get a daughter Pangolin card I can run these on a separate show channel.

Let me know if anyone has anything out there or knows where to get one at the low price sale Laserworld charged me for the 1...

Than you for taking the time to read my post =)

Kindest Regards,

LaserGuy

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I don't know if this would fit the bill but, I have a Laserworld CS-250G, so about 150mW less in power I'd consider getting rid of. Here is the disclaimer: It's a Laserworld.

Actually there are a couple things. First is it's set for 220v not 110v so, there is a simple switch of a transformer to use it in the US. I have the transformer thanks to Adam Raugh several years ago but, never put it in. The scanners are Laserworld and have worked at times and at others have been a little gimpy - probably from sitting and not being used for long periods. I think they're 20k. I guess $100 takes it, plus perhaps shipping but, if I recall you're not too far away to pick it up. I can probably get you pics sometime early this week. I don't know that 250mW is going to look that much different alongside 400mW but, if you're looking for a perfectly matched set, then this won't fit the bill. I recall it's pretty bright when I've used it but, I'll bet it's been since 2011 that it's been out of the box.

Hey Bradfo69,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to this thread so quickly! Sorry for my delay in looping around to respond...
    If your offer still stands I am interested =)

I know what you mean by your disclaimer.... This is Laserworld =/

Even with the bummer review I provided below, this is serving my purpose and a step up from the Redline system I was using for sometime.
    If you have a coupel pics ot forward that would be great.. Just want to make sure these projectors are the same (with exception of installed laser / power)
    You and I can go on PM to figure out how to do an exchange.

Here is quick review for the resr of the forum:

I recieved the BRAND NEW one I ordered and started playing around the other night.
    I was willing to give these guys a shot due to the sale price and this would not be the heart of my display.... But man... what a piece of junk!
    The housing (not really as important.. but) appeared to be hardy but upon further inspection I started noticing a few things:

1.) They have a sliding door safety shutter that I tried to slide and it immediately became binded and managed to scratch the door and housing when sliding back and forth. My jaw dropped as the outside paint got scratched after I already loosened the set screw. Just cheesy

2.) Immediately the cooling fans started ratteling and humming in and out. Anything connected to the housing is rattleing and shaking.

3.) You already mentioned the "gimpy" galvos... I was not as concerned about image quality with the ariel effects but I expected them to be consistent. Image quality goes in and out as the Galvo's drift.

4.) I am sure this is typical with using the DMX inputs and how signals must be inconsitent and patterns may not be the same pattern when programmed to the board... I see this consistently

5.) I need to grab the power meter from my office but I don't think I am getting anywhere near 400mW... Looks just the same as my 200mW output but I need to meter to confirm that.
    All that being said...

I'll take and post some pics tomorrow. In the interim, here are some guts pics I took with the baseplate out of the projector, back when I got it. And the replacement transformer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP3948.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	46144

Name:	IMGP3949.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	46145

Name:	IMGP3946.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	46146

As promised, here are some more:

Name:	IMGP9128.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	230.8 KB 
ID:	46156

Name:	IMGP9129.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	46157

Name:	IMGP9130.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	253.7 KB 
ID:	46158

Name:	IMGP9131.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	300.4 KB 
ID:	46159

Name:	IMGP9132.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	209.8 KB 
ID:	46160

Name:	IMGP9134.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	46161

Name:	IMGP9135.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	188.4 KB 
ID:	46162

Initially, I was only getting a line. Extracted the guts from the case, wiggled a galvo ever so gently and I ran it for about a half an hour this evening with no problems. Went through the various patterns fine. I didn't hook up a DAC and go through test patterns or anything.... it's a Laserworld. I don't need validation.

A club near me has a similar set from LaserWorld (1W I believe but I'm going off a guesstimate and the case), of course not mounted properly or legally. Regardless of the mount though, both heads came so far misaligned you can literally see inches between the green and the R/B line, making essentially a purple beam for "white" and random green beams close by. Interestingly, the alignment is identical on both heads. The photo below is as "white" as these get.

We quoted various options for a real laser show in there, varianced and full RGB, etc. Needless to say, they think doing it right is way too expensive.

Name:	BB.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	46181

PM sent to your Bradfo69

I have had the same model, times ago.... CS-300 G.....
    Labeled 300mw..... instead measured 125-130 after a good warmup (15 min. at full CW power)....
    Those green DPSS are coming from LaserCentury - China....
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps