Thread: New (old) Video

Default New (old) Video

I just re-posted an older video that covers the operation of a Laser Scope pumped dye laser. Many members have already seen this video, but I am interested in gathering my videos into one convenient location and so I have moved this video to the Tech Ingredients Channel. If you haven't seen it you might find it interesting and possibly useful. Thanks for watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0epDSYL7ljg

FANTASTIC!!!

Thank you for re-posting that, for some reason when that thing powers up i get the same feeling as flooring the pedal on a large car lol
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Yeah one of my favorite "Planters" vids .. my favorite part begins at 9:40.. the only downside is that I believe that Sir Eric states that it's only running at 50% power.. Why??? Pleeeze punch-it, dude!! .. or is that bad for it ? Don't want to blow up a masterpiece ..

No, It isn't bad for it, but it is bad for the power meter. Although the Ophir model I have should survive up to 150W/cm^2, the Q switching caused the matte black surface of the detector to glaze in several places (just like it would to a retina). In any case, it doesn't actually look much brighter @ 20W. The most noticeable effect is that the scatter around the mirrors and the beam dump is significantly brighter.