Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for LS400 software for AmigaHi

Default Looking for LS400 software for AmigaHi

Hi all!
    I am collector of vintage computers, especially from commodore.
    Last year I aquired a couple of amigas (a 400 and a 3000d) of ebay, that both had been used for laser shows.
    The A500 had the pangolin Lsd1000 software and the "paula mod".
    The A3000 had the more advanced quadmod16 card installed, that can do rgb and lots of cool stuff.
    However this machine was in terrible state, and hdd + mobo was dead. However I now have a working machine with the quadmod card installed, as well as a ilda laser. But I lack the LS400 software.

I talked to Pangolin, and they have search all over their offices but unable to find a copy.
    So I was hoping that someone here would have a system in storage or something with the software.
    Would be a great addition to my collection with a working system.

Maybe ask around on amibay.com if no one here has a copy.
    Last edited by aktopjian; 01-30-2015 at 15:20.

i had a stack of a500's with a mega midget racer and derringers and 3000's until sandy (well i still have them but i suspect that they are destroyed)

but i did have 1 3000 that had 2 qm16's that i had sent to a friend a few years back so that he could get his laser shows off his old machine (so he should still have them)
    ill ask if he has a copy of the software

http://www.laserfx.com/Backstage.Las...loadIndex.html

has a couple programs, not sure if they are anything though.

yea thats not what he needs although both lsd 1000 nd lasermax will run on the modded 500

Hi all and thanks for the reply.
    As VJ AIWAZ said, my a500 is good to go. Just have to solder a cable for it. The a500 has the paula mod that provide the bipolarized X and Y. If I understand the schematics correct this is for X+ and Y+ .
    Also I guess I need to give +5 to e.g the red signal to get a laser active, and obviously the ground. Do I need any other signals?

The quadmod will be easier since it provide a dsub25 connector. But without the software It's a dead end.
    Would be great if you would ask your friend, really appriciated.

i sent an email to my friend but it my not be of any use as i dont think he has a cat weisel(or any other method of getting the amiga software on to pc )

Yeah it' so mutch easier with a600/1200 where you can use a fat formated cf card.
    But I have both ethernet and usb in my a3000
    However if he finds it, and have the time, copying old skool is always an option (copy to disk and mail).

Unless the machine is dead of battery leakage ofcourse.
    Last edited by seksgangeni; 01-31-2015 at 05:19.

you cant copy to a pc floppy without out a cat weisel ( http://www.tim-mann.org/catweasel.html )
    and who has a floppy in a pc anymore

can copy with crossdos. But I meant copy to an amiga floppy and send pr letter the old fashion way