Thread: need help, finding a dc/dc converter

Default need help, finding a dc/dc converter

my 532mn bench laser is expressing it's desire to be used at camp fires with a scanning line generation. but my problem is the controller -5 g +5 so split rail the DC/DC converters i am finding either need 18 volts to start pr the ones that will run on the 12 volts i need don't have enough current. The 5 volts at one amp for the laser and -5 volts for the TEC control at 1 amp or so, the ones i am running into only start to work at 18 volts, i would rather not need to build a battery to this and am hoping that you guys can help me on this split rail, 5 volts + and - or two 12 in 5 out dc/dc isolated output, if i can get 2 that are isolated i am make it work with 1-2 amp on the current for both rails.
    the reason for this is it will be operated in a rural area with no ac, the fire pit is to far from the house
    my only other recourse is to build a custom battery using 16850 cells and just liner regulator ic's
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Take a look at these from Digi-key...

CC10-1205SF-E 12v nominal input 5v 2A out isolated $26.26 each
    or

CC6-1205SF-E 12V nominal input 5v 1A out isolated $15.96 each

thank you for the help, i have 2 on order
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Here is the basic device i built today as i found the little guys on my porch this morning, main red is the remote on, the smaller red is the +5 volts and green is - 5 volts
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01734.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	3.02 MB 
ID:	46265Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01737.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	3.17 MB 
ID:	46266

Your circuit board looks very neat and well made.
    With the 9-18 volt input range and their high efficiency, these can use
    all of the available charge from four LiFeP04 or Li ion batteries for portable use.