Thread: My Laser Build

Default My Laser Build

Hello

I just finished putting together this laser and control box and wanted to show it of really I'ts the first build I have done(apart from a kit 20 years back) and I think it went OK.
    The box has just the right amount of buttons, switches and knobs to make it manly.

Please fell free to point out faults etc. I'm always open to some constructive input. The laser is a Coherent 315m to be used for holography hence no fan. The box allows the shutter to be turned on, off, pulsed and a timed delay before a timed pulse for exposure or a timed pulse when you push the button on the side.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-02-03 19.58.12.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	967.6 KB 
ID:	46232Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-02-03 19.58.24.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	46233

Fantastic work Grayham

Might be worth wiring a little jack socket in there somewhere so that you can easily wire a shutter extension cable and activation button outside the room if necessary.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Thanks Jem

That sounds like the voice of experience. I have a delay on the unit but the relays kick quite hard so I can definitely see it outside the room.
    Good idea!

Thank you.
    Grayham

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Fantastic work Grayham

Might be worth wiring a little jack socket in there somewhere so that you can easily wire a shutter extension cable and activation button outside the room if necessary.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i dig those yummy big knobs. nice job, and i'm looking forward to seeing your holograms.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayham View Post
    Hello

I just finished putting together this laser and control box and wanted to show it of really I'ts the first build I have done(apart from a kit 20 years back) and I think it went OK.
    The box has just the right amount of buttons, switches and knobs to make it manly.

Please fell free to point out faults etc. I'm always open to some constructive input. The laser is a Coherent 315m to be used for holography hence no fan. The box allows the shutter to be turned on, off, pulsed and a timed delay before a timed pulse for exposure or a timed pulse when you push the button on the side.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-02-03 19.58.12.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	967.6 KB 
ID:	46232Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-02-03 19.58.24.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	46233
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Graham

Your setup looks great (I do think your controller needs some led's for that "Manley" look though)
    Please post your results when you start making holograms with this laser.
    Cheers
    Brian