Thread: Well Here is My Setup, What do you think?

Cool Well Here is My Setup, What do you think?

Here is my setup I have been working on for a couple of months now. What do you think (beside it is huge!!).

http://www.mycoolspot.com/lpics
    http://www.mycoolspot.com/lpics2

Just set it up with all of the road cases. Table sits on top of PWR supply, and Heat exchanger, and bolts down with frame I built. Runs about 1.8 Watts with Argon 488 -514 and about 380mw of 660nm MAXYS. I run a Pangolin Pro card, and have setup a beam table on top deck from the 0th order beam from PACOM. Works nice. 2 - 30k Scanners are on second level also. I also have some power distribution setup that I made, which allows me about 330 FT from power source. So what do you think, how about CDRH cert Going to need to setup a lot of saftey factors.
    Last edited by Misebeam; 04-22-2007 at 20:36.

Thumbs up

That w avery nice set up! I like the beam table and the cable managment is tight... I think you need a photographer though.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Nice job Jason.. Looks very nice
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Thanks!
    I am hoping to use the empty space on bottom level for some Lamia effects, I still have 3 channels open on my DMX form LSI (DMX0602A-DRV). One analog for (another GM-20), and 2 PWM for speed of motors. Yeah sorry about pictures, I am spending too much money on system, and not the camera! So what do you think about a variance, will I have to skin the frame around the projector for safety, and interlocks? Or should I just cut a hole in the road case?

Well, here are the last set of photos, and you're right I do need a new camera... This one keeps making images blurry. But any how this is all of the guts of the system that I have built. I got the stage hazer from ebay for $100, put new heater core in and works AWSOME!! I also included pictures of my Power Distro system that I made for a nice long run. And at last the heart of the system, I found out about 3 months ago that Pangolin now has QMNET, which would of let me by a nice laptop, instead of this PC to house the Pangolin pro card.... But anyhow enjoy.

http://www.mycoolspot.com/lpics3 sorry, I am still working on gallery view.

very cool projector,but so big!

If you use DPSS,the projector will be much smaller.

Yeah I know it's huge, but I like the 5 lines, and the power from the argon (about 340mw idle on 9.3 amps, and up to about 2 watts on 23.9amps). Nice and Bright!
    Last edited by Misebeam; 04-25-2007 at 17:51.

Ha! And beam quality is good, I have a small argon tube without a power supply or anything, I wish i had the time to get it working. I got it for $5! It makes a bright glow if I apply 2000V@10mA to it but no lasing.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

An argon tube like that usually will require 90-100VDC @ 7-10A to lase. The PSU that you mentioned sounds like a he-ne or igniter.