Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Laserworld DS-900RGB, anyone used one?

but anyone here actually seen this unit with their eyes? The color mixing in the product video looks a bit "steppy"
    the pure diodes seem very nice in the Ds-900RGB and really how good of a deep blue is 470(Max) vs 450(DS-900)

Just make sure you're dealing with X laser USA and not X Laser China if you want FDA approved.

They're 2 different companies and products, just the same name.

Ya, it is X-Laser USA.

what's your opinion, if any on the Blue diodes I mentioned?

Well I guess a update to this thread, I ended up going with the Laserworld Diode Series, the DS-900RGB. It's actually not bad for me really.
    Here is some small video of it running some of the Quickshow Abstracts at 30K Scan speeds. (Watch in HD though)

Hi there.. I have also got the DS-900RGB. Ive found it to be great for the price and very similar in brightness with my other 1w RGB laser. Has anyone out there got any advice as to upgrading the scanners in it? space inside is very tight!

AFAIK One the smallest and very good quality would be one of the new PANGOLIN Scannermax Scanners..
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

Here is some video of the DS900 RGB in action. most cues are from QS that either I made or are stock or I downloaded from the forums here.
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by starlight9088 View Post
    Hi there.. I have also got the DS-900RGB. Ive found it to be great for the price and very similar in brightness with my other 1w RGB laser. Has anyone out there got any advice as to upgrading the scanners in it? space inside is very tight!
    The pt-40 pros sold by eightonlight.cn are nice compact scanners with relatively small drivers and psu. Their performance is great and they are dirt cheap at US $250 before shipping. You can check out the dimensions on-line.

Hak is right about the compact 506's being very small with great performance, but depending on the amps and PSU you pair them with the overall space required may be greater overall.

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Are the Laserworld diode range so bad? I read somewhere here that a lot of Laserworlds problems were because they used to use cheap components but have now improved on this?
    How are you guys getting on with yours?
    The fact that laserworld have a distributor in my country and the postage is only 12 euros is a major plus for me as opposed to getting one from China.
    I am looking at the DS 3300 RGB.
    Not much different specs from the lightspace Venus 2 3000 RGB but what about reliability?

DS series has huge beam mismatching issues, your beams will look bad in the air, and will not align properly on walls. I would recommend building your own if you can or looking at other companies (eg kvant).