Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New RGB 900mw in action!

Very cool, thanks Fred. I was just curious about the response of the 3 lasers, looks like red has the fastest rise time with green falling slight behind the red and blue being the slowest. With my setup, the red has the slowest rise time, green the fastest and blue right in the middle. I really wish the company in the UK that made the colour master was still making them. It would have been nice to use thier DSP based circuit to fix that without having to build an analog circuit to do so. Its certainly is not a terrible flaw with the solid state lasers, just a minor issue that really anyone watching with an untrained eye would never notice.

David

yeah,very cool

I like the mixed light so much!

nice work!

Looks like your scanners need a bit of tuning
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Question

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Hey dave, can you help me with this? What does an example of a perfect ILDA test pattern look like? Where do you measure the scanning "degree" of 30k @ 8 degree? Or is it the size of your image at a certain distance? How can you tell if your scanners need tuning?

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    nice work!

Yes they do!
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

What does an example of a perfect ILDA test pattern look like?
    I found it! Here it is:.................................................. ........just kidding
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TrueK50_bigscope.jpeg  

ilda_c2.jpeg  

Quote Originally Posted by Astroguy View Post
    Here are a couple of pics of the optics table in action.

I may be building these to sell in the future. I am still waiting to find reliable blue lasers at an affordable price. Right now Lasever is the best bet. However their blue reliability is not up to the standards I need to be able to put into a product to be able to sell. I know David at Lasever is working to improve his lasers so I will give it some more time and see what happens. As soon as I think they are ready I would like to be able to offer RGB optical tables at an affordable price made and serviced here in the US. That way you wont have to deal overseas to get warranty service. I would like to be able to offer a 1 watt RGB optical table with the above hardware and optics in the $5000 range. What do you guys think? I would like some feedback on this.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Hey dave, can you help me with this? What does an example of a perfect ILDA test pattern look like? Where do you measure the scanning "degree" of 30k @ 8 degree? Or is it the size of your image at a certain distance? How can you tell if your scanners need tuning?

Its the size of your image at a certain distance. You can use trig to determine how far and how big the image should be at 8 degrees. There is also a premade chart with this data. http://www.pangolin.com/userhelp/scanangles.htm

David

It looks very nice. However don't forget about ol CDRH-Man ..he'll be lookin at ya

Will it be enclosed with key-lock and delay, shutter etc etc or will it be OEM?

Quote Originally Posted by Astroguy View Post
    I may be building these to sell in the future. I am still waiting to find reliable blue lasers at an affordable price. Right now Lasever is the best bet. However their blue reliability is not up to the standards I need to be able to put into a product to be able to sell. I know David at Lasever is working to improve his lasers so I will give it some more time and see what happens. As soon as I think they are ready I would like to be able to offer RGB optical tables at an affordable price made and serviced here in the US. That way you wont have to deal overseas to get warranty service. I would like to be able to offer a 1 watt RGB optical table with the above hardware and optics in the $5000 range. What do you guys think? I would like some feedback on this.
    Sounds reasonable! Its what I've wanted to do for a long time. Problem is, I'm not much of a marketing guy, I just like building the things and usually taking them back apart again to build something better! I also enjoy running shows so doing something similar to what Paramount does would be fun. Planetarium is my favorite venue for laser shows, but I've always wondered what it would be like to rent out a movie theater for a show now and then...

David