Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying from Golden Star .... US Shipping/Customs experiences?

Question Buying from Golden Star .... US Shipping/Customs experiences?

Hello everyone!

I am looking at buying 30 laser bars from goldenstar for an installation.

Question for those in the US that have purchased laser products from Golden Star....

How long after payment did you have the shipment in-hand?

How many days did it take to clear customs?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in the uk and I've usually got the goods in hand about 5 days from shipping. Time from payment to shipping depends on whether they have all required stock in hand, but they are pretty good at letting you know estimated shipping dates.
    Obviously customs clearance times will be typical of your local clearing service and what method of shipping you use. DHL is usually the quickest and least hassle.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I don't think those things are legal here in the USA….

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I'm in the uk and I've usually got the goods in hand about 5 days from shipping. Time from payment to shipping depends on whether they have all required stock in hand, but they are pretty good at letting you know estimated shipping dates.
    Obviously customs clearance times will be typical of your local clearing service and what method of shipping you use. DHL is usually the quickest and least hassle.
    Excellent. Thank you so much for your input.

So the real question is what's everyone's experience with customs processing times for shipments to the USA from goldenstar.

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    I don't think those things are legal here in the USA….
    What exactly makes you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by whoman View Post

What exactly makes you think that?
    They are not legal for USA use as they come from Goldenstar because they are not varianced. You will need to do some work to make them meet the regulations and then they need to be varianced/reported/certified.

They probably don't have 30 on hand in stock. So you probably will have to wait for production. So there is no way we could guess how long it would take. I recommend emailing them and asking. Once they ship though they arrive in the USA in about 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by drm916 View Post
    They are not legal for USA use as they come from Goldenstar because they are not varianced. You will need to do some work to make them meet the regulations and then they need to be varianced/reported/certified.

They probably don't have 30 on hand in stock. So you probably will have to wait for production. So there is no way we could guess how long it would take. I recommend emailing them and asking. Once they ship though they arrive in the USA in about 2 days.
    Thank you so much for all the info and advice...

So, it takes 2 days to get to the US... how many days does customs take typically?

Thanks again.

Shipping 30 is very different from shipping 1 or 2. I imagine customs would take a more vested interest in a large quantity. How long it takes is in their hands and the paperwork they have and require. You may be charged import duty/sales tax too

I wouldn't thing that the quantity would have any impact on customs. Its just a check of the paperwork. And anything of any significant value will be charged duty/taxes anyway, regardless of quantity.
    The reason for using DHL is that they clear customs easily and quickly, and then move on to the onward journey quickly.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

you have them in your hands in about 2 days after they ship. Could take up to 3.

But like I said.. then you need to variance/certify them. Or you are going to get stuck with 30 beam bars you cant legally use. I am guessing you already have an operators variance so you probably know all the rules.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

As has been mentioned, if you want to use them in the US, they're going to need to be made legal which will put the responsibility on you to try to get them certified. That means you need a manufacturers variance. You'll need to establish a quality control program and a number of other things. You may need to complete some FDA paperwork in order to import them in the first place. Since they're not legal, you may have to file your plan on how you're going to go about bringing them into compliance prior to getting them and you'll have a window of time to bring them into compliance, otherwise they'll need to be destroyed or shipped back. Having something laser related detained by customs and wonder if you're every going to get it released after spending all that money is a bit nerve wracking. Make sure you're taking the proper steps before shelling out your cash on importing illegal lasers.