Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: FLEM is on for April 3rd and 4th, 2015!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by alphasuede View Post
    I just got a ILDA laser and want to do laser shows in NY. Can I get the Laser Safety Officer class here? If not, any suggestions? Also is there a webpage? I am interested in coming to it.
    LSO classes are not available at FLEM.

Typically, there is an LSO class during SELEM in North Carolina in August. There will be classes available on at the ILDA conference in Dubai 10/8-10/12.

More information on the LSO class is here: http://www.laserist.org/LSOcourse.htm

Note: New York also requires a laser operators license. This is not taught in the LSO class.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I read on the new york laser operator licence application, there is a spot for filling in training credentials. Im not sure if training is required, but the LSO class seems like a good place to get training.

I was reading on the website:
    "Custom courses are available in Orlando, Florida or at your location." So i was hoping that whoever does that training in orlando might be able to meet me at FLEM so I could get the training. ILDA website doesn't have contact info for the training.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by alphasuede View Post
    I read on the new york laser operator licence application, there is a spot for filling in training credentials. Im not sure if training is required, but the LSO class seems like a good place to get training.

I was reading on the website:
    "Custom courses are available in Orlando, Florida or at your location." So i was hoping that whoever does that training in orlando might be able to meet me at FLEM so I could get the training. ILDA website doesn't have contact info for the training.
    training is required in NY. it is more rigorous than just the LSO course. contact greg makhov (greg@lsdi.com). he'll be able to provide all the answers you're looking for.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    training is required in NY. it is more rigorous than just the LSO course. contact greg makhov (greg@lsdi.com). he'll be able to provide all the answers you're looking for.
    Thanks, i just emailed him. I contacted ILDA too.

I've got two unmodified blackface adats, $35 each, just let me know before Thursday around 10am!

Hey guys;

Sorry I've been away from the forums lately. Been traveling for work, and then got stuck on nightshift covering for a couple operators who were sick/on vacation. Just now getting back to normal, but Brad is here in Charleston and we are going to head on down to Florida in the next hour or so.

FLEM is really shaping up! Bill Benner has confirmed that he will be there, and I know he'll have some cool things to show and talk about. Also, Aron Bacs will be there, and DZ said he got in touch with someone from AVI (can't remember his name, sorry!) and he will be present as well.

The Jeep is loaded right to the gills this time. Not bringing the trailer, but I am still bringing the large JBL speakers and the amps, so between that and what DZ has, we will have thunderous sound again! (Bring ear plugs people! You'll need them!) Had to un-box all the cables and the blackout material for the windows and just loose-pack that stuff inbetween all the other shit in the Jeep. Loading it all back up will be a grating effort in self-control, I'm sure. As usual, I will end up being the last to load out.

For those of you who will be arriving on Friday: Call me on my cell phone at (843) 324-0735 when you are in the area and I will give you directions to the venue. I plan to get to the venue a little early (hopefully around 10 AM) to open it up and start moving tables around. But this will depend on how wiped out I am. After all, I've been up since 4:30 this morning, and I still need to drive to Florida, fix a bunch of crap at my Mom's house, and then head into Orlando tonight for the 9 PM Blue Man Group concert with Brad. I'm guessing I'll actually get to bed sometime around 1 AM, but hopefully I can still make my self-imposed 10 AM deadline for getting the venue open. (That's why I say call me first!)

This is going to be a great time! Lots of cool things to come. See you all very soon! Everyone drive safe...

Adam

Thanks Albert.
    I put your number in my phone. I'm not sure exactly what time I'll land, but I expect around noon (+/- several hours). Funny the flight is very short. Maybe 1/2 hr, but I need to pack the car drive to the airport pack the plane & get fuel. Weather is always the biggest factor. Last year I was delayed due to a miniature fog bank right over Leesburg airport.

Thanks again,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by lasergrazy View Post
    Hi Chris,

I'll be there as planned I should arrive Thursday early evening / dinner time.
    If you plan to arrive Friday, I'll be there to help out for setup.
    So, you can call me if you need a ride no problem at al.
    here me cell# 6019173549
    have a save flight.
    Albert

No problem Chris
    I understand your situation, I just wait when the call comes.
    I arrived this afternoon in tavares.
    Are you landing on the leesburg international airport? I drove by that one this afternoon between Leesburg and tavares..
    anyhow be careful and have a save flight.
    see yah to tomorrow
    Albert
    Last edited by lasergrazy; 04-02-2015 at 18:10.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Well, unofficial day one is coming to a close. Adam and I got on the road about 7:45 and met up with DZ and ekeefe in Jacksonville for lunch. What took 20 minutes to eat ended up being 3 hours of BS'ing and almost taking the restaurant into their dinner time. We had to barrel ass to Tavares and took a somewhat hair raising high speed run through the Ocala National Forrest dodging slower moving vehicles every few minutes. After meeting up with his mom and having the first of two dinners at Angelo's it was back in the car for a race to Orlando for our 9pm Blue Man Group show. We splurged on the VIP package which got us drinks in their special lounge beforehand and a meet and greet with cast after the show. It is truly a spectacular show and not one to be missed. It was nice having a veteran groupie to give me a heads up of what to expect, as I was a Blue Man virgin. Most of the tricks and gags I could figure out but one or two we're still back and forth about whether there was a "plant" in the audience.

Anyhoo.... The real fun and games begins tomorrow morning and as usual, I think we've got FAR more things to try and get to than we'll actually have time for. It will all be over far too fast I'm sure. See ya'll in the am! Oh wait.... it IS am!

Edit.... Oh, and the most important mission is getting the manager of Angelo's across the street to the boathouse after work tomorrow night. She NEEDS lasers in her life. She just doesn't know it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post

Edit.... Oh, and the most important mission is getting the manager of Angelo's across the street to the boathouse after work tomorrow night. She NEEDS lasers in her life. She just doesn't know it yet.
    I get the feeling someone else needs a new manager in his life... ;-)