Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: FLEM is on for April 3rd and 4th, 2015!

Sounds like it! I won't have terribly much to contribute but plan on learning a lot and will be able to bring some cool stuff in the future. Looks like a few of us from the office are going to make it over.

Smile

Hi Ryan;

Really looking forward to seeing you there. I should forewarn you though that this event is nothing like a trade show - certainly nowhere near as polished as Photonics West! It's more like a social gathering of laser geeks.

If you've ever been to a LAN-party, you have a good idea as to what to expect. LEMs in general are chaotic (especially the Florida meets), but they are a hell of a lot of fun. We don't strive for polish at the Florida events (truthfully we don't even try), mainly because we don't have the time and the venue is too small to begin with. Instead, we focus on having as much fun as possible.

LEMs in general are more about getting together with everyone, seeing some new stuff (both in terms of show content and hardware), and just geeking out for a day than anything else. True, at some of the larger events (such as SELEM) we do set up a lot more equipment in a more professional environment, but the Florida events are all about having fun.

That being said, if you've spoken with some of the folks in the Orlando office, you probably already have a good idea what to expect. I'm sure Aaron will be there, and I hope that Bill and Justin can join us as well.

Either way, we all look forward to meeting you and any other new faces. Above all, this is a social event, and we really do play very well with others!

Adam

PS: Just noticed another new face: Albert! Welcome to the group! Looks like you've got a pretty long drive to make it. Good call on arriving a day early! I should be in the area Thursday evening as well. If you are free on Friday and would like to get an early start, give me a call in the late morning and we can get to the venue early and start setting things up together. We should have a couple others joining us too. My cell number is (843) 324-0735, and I will be staying at my Mother's house, which is literally within walking distance of the venue.
    Last edited by buffo; 02-26-2015 at 15:17. Reason: Greetings to Albert

So who all do we have confirmed for this event so far? We have the venue from Friday at Noon through Saturday night... How many people will be there on Friday? (Would like to give Angelo's a call and give them a heads-up that we will be storming the place for dinner once setup is complete.)

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I will be there Friday morning of course. Still haven't narrowed down driving or flying but, right now, I'm about 75% driving/25% flying. Flights are just too damn expensive right now. If they go down some in the next few weeks that may change.

Hello,

I will be there Friday morning and don't mind helping with load-in. I'll be around all weekend. Count me in for Angelo's too.

I am planning on bringing my small light truss (unless you don't need it).

ED

I'll be there on Friday around 11ish. I can bring the Yamaha speakers/amp again if you like. Let me know. Looking forward to the dinner at Angelo's!

Probably there late afternoon Friday, I would like to join everyone for dinner as well.
    Did my first "Laser Lumia Show" in 1974... and have never stopped experimenting !

Hi guys,

Still as planned I'll be there Thursday late afternoon / evening, I will bring a Pluto and a apc40.
    and yes I am available to help Friday morning to do any work to get the place ready.
    Adam got your # noted
    Albert

I'll be there Friday in the early afternoon. I can't say now if I'll stay for dinner or not since I plan to fly. It boils down to how I feel and the weather, sorry.
    I plan to be there Saturday around noonish too.

Chris

Is any body staying local at a hotel, and if so which one ?

Just want to be in the same one for convenience, group breakfast, etc.... not driving to and from Orlando Friday and Saturday !
    Did my first "Laser Lumia Show" in 1974... and have never stopped experimenting !