Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scanner Tuning Target

Default Scanner Tuning Target

I created this for myself tuning scanners last year. Measures 24" x 24" printed on removable Adhesive Fabric. Meaning I can put it on a clean wall take it down without damaging the wall or the adhesive for up to 10 years. It is woven fabric not vinyl so it does not stretch or deform, and it does not tear easily. Dirty road cases will ruin it quickly though And we did set it smoldering doing some calibration testing on the Timberlake tour

Target has 7 and 8 degree settings for US Feet distance for tuning. It also has the 10 meter Circle/Beam Size test for Audience scanning calibrations. Would be glad to add more information or change if something is amiss. I print these myself with my 44" printer would not have a problem making others sizes or branding. Paper Is also available for ease of folding/shipping out of the USA. I am thinking the price point of $20 shipped in the USA for the fabric version.

Rob Mudryk
    Retired old and Grumpy Laserist

Count me in

Cheers
    Rich

I put a product up here for now. https://www.tmtdigital.com/product/laser-tuning-target/ I need to make a seperate product for the Paper version, as well as make a Rest of the World Metric Version still. Looking for prefered target distances to replace the "Feet" to Meters or Centimeters I used currently. The plain paper version will still be 24" x 24" in size but I can fold it to send as regular mail. Pricing those at 3 for $12 and shipping even overseas should not be more than $1-2 I hope.. Even the Fabric ones are about $10-15 overseas for up to a US Pound. I can make other sizes as well.. I can print up to 44" wide. So 4:3 16:9 targets for programming are also possible.
    Rob Mudryk

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Order placed. Thanks Rob!

Thanks! I ran out of 24" material, had a roll of 20" go figure.. It will ship mid next week. 24" roll is already on it's way.
    Rob Mudryk

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

No worries.... I replied to your e-mail already. Probably won't use this until CarribLEM or FLEM anyway.

I added CM's on the Right side. 91.5cm 152cm, 305cm, 427 and 457. I was going to Add Klingon but I could not find a unit of measures smaller than 2km.
    Rob Mudryk

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by rMuD View Post
    I added CM's on the Right side. 91.5cm 152cm, 305cm, 427 and 457. I was going to Add Klingon but I could not find a unit of measures smaller than 2km.
    yeah... kellicam isn't exactly practical for this application.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Revision 1.1 I added diagonal lines, and Metric on the right side. I hope the cold does not delay material, already have a bunch to ship. $15+shipping for the fabric, and 3 for 10 + Shipping for the paper ones are up on the site.

Printed on the Adhesive Fabric
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1188-web-1024x810.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	124.2 KB 
ID:	46316

On Paper

Name:	IMG_1187-web-1024x789.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	138.1 KB 
ID:	46317

The Paper ones I can mail via envelope rate. The Fabric on the release liner does not fold well and is shipped in a 24" tube.

Name:	IMG_1189-web-1024x744.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	46318

Here is the paper one unfolded

Name:	IMG_1190-web-1024x786.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	163.6 KB 
ID:	46319
    Rob Mudryk

For the rest of the World. Working on EU distributor as we speak. Cost of shipping would be as much as the Target.

0.5m, 1m, 2m, 3m, 4m as 7 and 8 degree angle. 1,1.5,2,3,5cm Beam Size. 50cm Circle

Metric Target
    Rob Mudryk