Thread: 4 days for customs huh...

Post 4 days for customs huh...

How long does it usually take for an item, well, laser, to go through customs?

I bought a 150mW Lasever from the source, thanks David, and it was shipped on 04/18, made a swift trip across the Pacific, arrived in LA, CA at customs on 04/19, and... just made it out of there yesterday 04/23... I thought the AAE web site stopped working. What'd they do, test it for me? Pop some balloons? I bet they made sure it wasn't on any recall list... Does it usually take this long for a laser to get through customs?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

mine from ajji, took 3 weeks befor I got it
    So be patience

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

That's funny... The scanners I got from him took 4 days... Maybe they actually looked at the laser.

You could always move to the UK and enjoy paying import duty plus a handling charge that all works out to just about match the original purchase price

Paying double money makes you feel kind of warm inside
    A little bit werrrr, a little bit weyyyyyy, a little bit arrrrgggghhh

Maybe they looked in the laser. If you ever run across a one-eyed customs officer..

Quote Originally Posted by cruch View Post
    mine from ajji, took 3 weeks before I got it
    So be patience
    I'm not sure what happened there. I think our shipper did not include all the forms. usually they arn't required when sending items via ems, but this time they were
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Thumbs up

I think you bypassed customs with my scanners... I paid on Friday and got them on Wednesday...

My laser got here on the 25th. Now I REALLY need an analog blue. Can I go to CNI for a power supply?

you could got a driver from cni, but i think the supplys are matched to the laser, as far as the tuning. somebody correct me if i am wrong i would like to change my cni too.

Yes, the supplies are definitely matched to the laser.

I don't think CNI will be very helpful if you only want to change 1 50mw supply over, as its a cheap item...
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Lightbulb

I couldn;t get an email to go through to CNI from gmail, so I called LaserGlow. I guess they are the north american distributor. They said it is "possible", and shouldn't cost too much to buy a power supply, but CNI would probably want me to send them the laser so they could make the power supply for the laser. I may have to go with an idea Adam had and put my blue up on eBay or something to fund an analog blue. Luckily it has been measuring 75+mW, so maybe I can get a lil more than I paid.

I probably need to get rid of a few extra computer parts also. I need to get a slightly more powerful blue. This new green overpowers the other pretty bad. I think I found a good balance in Pangolin but I'd still like to use it at full power. I need another maxyzmod also.