Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ether Dream DAC Supplier

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

send me a pm with with your order# and information. i'll chase it.

Quote Originally Posted by C60 View Post
    Well since you're listed on the company directory that at least instills a little bit of confidence. Perhaps you should tell them if they want people's money they might have actually want to respond to said people. I honestly wouldn't have cared if someone said it would take 2 weeks or 2 months, communication is key. But receiving an invoice, a non-existent tracking number and a generic unanswered mailbox does nothing to instill said confidence.
    Looks like visa gives me 90days for it's insurance protection, I guess I'll wait awhile longer. and cross my fingers.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

One of these days... I am going to let loose on this forum and probably spew out some of the most venomous, most unkind, out of character statements for me I've ever made regarding this whole situation and make myself look like an ass hat regarding DrLava's "business". I have typed it... and deleted it before hitting send... more times than I care to think about, as I take this piss poor treatment of people on the forum more than a bit personally. It's almost a sort of mother hen, "You're fucking with my family." type feeling that boils and rages up every time I read these threads and I want to explode. I readily admit it's inexplicable and I probably need therapy about this.

I've been screwed over by "laser people" to the tune of over $30,000 in the five years I've been in this hobby and THAT doesn't bother me nearly as much as Andrew's utter complete lack of respect for people. But I'll save that for later.... because sure as shit... there will be a "later", when someone else decides they might like to buy LSX.

(I'll also say though, that I like Andrew as a person and have purchased things from him but... I've done it in person.)
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 03-02-2015 at 15:38.

Sorry for your luck, that sucks.

It's more about communication than anything for me. I do get that some people just aren't very good or care about that sort of thing. Small companies you rarely are afforded the luxury of hiring people to do the jobs you'd rather not. You still need to communicate with the people paying you money, otherwise you will have less people paying you money and you probably don't want that.
    I'll save any decision for a few more weeks. or some other "resonable amount of time". I've talked to a couple other "associates" or people listed on the site namely swamidog who said he'd see what he could do. So at least I have some hope. I'm just getting an etherdream which I could've bought somewhere else. But since I've started to think it might not arrive by the time I need it I managed to fix my laserboy dac and get it running good with openlase/puredata/quartz on osx. I can also use puredata on the raspberry pi At least with soundcard type interfaces I'm free from software. although I'm realizing that means I also have to do everything myself

It will get resolved. (Both your situation and mine.) Yes, Etherdream and LSX are both worth waiting for and Illumination Supply is usually excellent - I think it's just that another run is being made as mentioned above. I'll probably get one when they're back in stock as I sold mine several months ago and sometimes wish I hadn't. (Even though I had never taken it out of the box!)

Innolasers however....

Back in stock at Illumination Supply, get them quick before they sell out.

I just ordered an Etherdream last night for a new projector. I will keep everyone posted on when it arrives to my door. I think now that they are back in stock it should arrive rather quickly but we will see.

On a side note I ordered a second copy of LSX (need the pro version now not the basic). When it arrives I will have a version of LSX basic that will go on the market.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

I just ordered a replacement Etherdream to replace one I traded some time ago and have since regretted. I'll confirm arrival as well. My first one came pretty fast as I recall.

I'm still waiting for mine that i ordered almost 2 months ago ;(
    I've heard nothing from innolasers in two weeks. In fact the response to my emails has been glacial and the content totally irrelevant.

On the website it says more Etherdreams available by the end of March. It also says they are In Stock now. So I have confidence that the orders will go out this week. When I ordered my first one it arrived within a few days.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    On the website it says more Etherdreams available by the end of March. It also says they are In Stock now. So I have confidence that the orders will go out this week. When I ordered my first one it arrived within a few days.
    they are in stock. i picked up another one last week. such yummy little things.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.