Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ether Dream DAC Supplier

Quote Originally Posted by C60 View Post
    Was that through innolasers?
    Oh, no- my mistake. I ordered from Illumn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I normally don't use LFI Player but I did use it to verify that the DAC works since it is the only application I have access to that supports the EtherDream DAC. I only used it for 10 seconds or so to confirm that it works... and it did provide laser output. I didn't use it long enough to see if it crashes, however. Contact me offline if there is something you would like me to try.

At this point I am leaning strongly towards writing my own native driver for it that communicates with it using raw networking. Certain APIs in the Etherdream.DLL infinitely hang at certain points so the DLL isn't production ready. I am thinking of creating a separate thread on this forum to document my work and to get input from other developers who are attempting to interface with the EtherDream DAC.

The EtherDream website says that LSX and ILD-SOS use a native driver instead of the DLL which makes me wonder if that is why people don't complain about it when using those applications but when trying to integrate with it using their own code or using LFI Player they have issues. The website goes on to say to contact DrLava for a copy of the Open DAC SDK if you want to have that native driver but that really isn't an option for me since that would be a conflict of interest. Hopefully, the source code on GitHub and the protocol documentation on the Ethernet website is current and accurate enough to write my own driver. If all else fails I'll just sell the EtherDream to the highest bidder.

Best of luck!
    Put simply, I am not a developer so I would not personally be of much use. However, I'm sure others would benefit from a separate thread for collaboration. I have a friend from Seattle visiting this weekend to see if he can get his computer to communicate with the EtherDream DAC so that he can start developing some software for it too. He might just use DrLava's Open DAC SDK though- I don't know. Generally speaking, the more information and more collaboration the better, right?

I'm excited to see what he can do!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by C60 View Post
    DO NOT ORDER FROM INNOLASERS.
    Someone needs to make this into a T-shirt.

Someone needs to make this into a T-shirt.
    For maximum irony it could be sold exclusively through Innolasers
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.