Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ether Dream DAC Supplier

Default Ether Dream DAC Supplier

Anyone know of a supplier that may have any Ether Dream DAC's in stock (doesn't matter whether with or without enclosure)?

Tried Illumination Supply, to no avail. Backordered. Contacted Innolasers. Googling for other possibilities.

Thanks,
    Brad

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

there is a new batch of etherdreams in production right now. i would imagine they'll be readily available in 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by bradstockdale View Post
    Anyone know of a supplier that may have any Ether Dream DAC's in stock (doesn't matter whether with or without enclosure)?

Tried Illumination Supply, to no avail. Backordered. Contacted Innolasers. Googling for other possibilities.

Thanks,
    Brad
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    there is a new batch of etherdreams in production right now. i would imagine they'll be readily available in 2-3 weeks.
    You just made my night. Thank you. I can certainly wait a few weeks for one of the best DAC designs I've seen.

Did you actually get a hold of innolaser? They said they had stock on the website, so I ordered one, they billed me, sent me a tracking number, which is invalid. I've been trying to get a hold of them for 2 weeks and no one has returned any of my emails or phone calls, they havn't answered the phone once in the numerous times I've called. I'm about fed up and going to have get visa to start a refund. Anyone have a way to actually get a hold of someone in that company. I wouldn't recommend buying from them from my experience.

They are kind of hit and miss. I bought an Ether Dream DAC and LSX from them last month and it took about 2 weeks to get the package. It's also kind of ironic that you have to pay for next day shipping and it takes 10x longer to get to you regardless.

Well I wish someone would answer the phone or send me an email to tell me either there waiting for restock or what. I've got a tracking number, that says invalid. An automated invoice from them saying it's shipped. Visa's been billed. If I knew it was actually going to come eventually I might be at least ok with it. But as it stands I don't know if anything is coming, no one from the company has responded in any way/shape or form. Seriously is this actually a company. I will never buy anything from them or anyone who's on that list of who the company consists of. Hell the only reason I ordered from them was because I was on the etherdream irc channel and j4cbo said they sell it, they also have him listed on the company directory. But after this happened he told me he is just a supplier to them. Why would you supply your product to such a crappy company, it makes me associated etherdream with this craptastic company called innolaser.

If I don't get a response by the end of the week I'm going be calling up visa and saying I've been scammed. Maybe some bank/visa pressure will get them to wake up.

It's a company of one or two. Trust me, I was so fed up with dealing with them that I sold off the LSX/EtherDream I did have.

Now that I've got some additional projects, I really wish I hadn't. The etherdream/LSX combo is very flexible/powerful. I will probably look into picking up the package again sometime soon.

Summary: In my opinion, yes their customer service (if you could even venture to call it that) SUCKS, but the product is quite good. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

There just a reseller of etherdream no? It doesn't matter how big your company is if you can't act like a company go back to being a hobbyist. I bought a laserboy dac and james was all to willing to help me with any and all problems including a skype chat to help me go through configuring it. And he's not even really a company. just one guy. There truly is no excuse for such poor business practices.
    I don't dispute the etherdream being pretty nice, that's why I wanted to order it. I bought a laserboy and had some fun with that but like the idea of iphone OSC control or presets on the sd card on the etherdream.

So you think that eventually this thing will show up? I'm just worried of going over the visa dispute time before actually getting any response.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i have no doubt it will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by C60 View Post
    There just a reseller of etherdream no? It doesn't matter how big your company is if you can't act like a company go back to being a hobbyist. I bought a laserboy dac and james was all to willing to help me with any and all problems including a skype chat to help me go through configuring it. And he's not even really a company. just one guy. There truly is no excuse for such poor business practices.
    I don't dispute the etherdream being pretty nice, that's why I wanted to order it. I bought a laserboy and had some fun with that but like the idea of iphone OSC control or presets on the sd card on the etherdream.

So you think that eventually this thing will show up? I'm just worried of going over the visa dispute time before actually getting any response.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Well since you're listed on the company directory that at least instills a little bit of confidence. Perhaps you should tell them if they want people's money they might have actually want to respond to said people. I honestly wouldn't have cared if someone said it would take 2 weeks or 2 months, communication is key. But receiving an invoice, a non-existent tracking number and a generic unanswered mailbox does nothing to instill said confidence.
    Looks like visa gives me 90days for it's insurance protection, I guess I'll wait awhile longer. and cross my fingers.