Thread: Calling Nebraska or nearby peeps...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default Calling Nebraska or nearby peeps...

I got an e-mail earlier today from Patrick Murphy at ILDA that for whatever reason, resonated with me and I've connected with. I've had a couple e-mails back and forth today with the client - educating them a little about lasers and offered my thoughts/opinions. I don't know if there is anyone in the Nebraska or surrounding area (with a variance) that might want to take a crack at this. I've studied it quite a bit today with the help of Google Earth and am suggesting they look more at the blue line on the wall idea as opposed to the sky. There are some issues but, certainly not insurmountable. I have some ideas for this. I'm taking the liberty of posting it here although it was for ILDA members but, I've omitted the contact information since this is a public forum. Feel free to PM me for details.

"We have received an inquiry regarding use of a blue laser atthe Nebraska Law Enforcement Memorial.

You may be aware of the phrase "the thin blueline," referring to how police forces stand between law-abiding citizenryand criminals. This would be a graphic representation. See for example thisphoto: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thin_Blue_Line_(emblem)#mediaviewer/File:Thin_Blue_Line_at_National_Law_Enforcement_Of ficers_Memorial.png.

Here is a link to a Google Maps screenshot showing thelocation of the Memorial (red "A") and the Central Nebraska RegionalAirport: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pezzumwxn5ombma/Neb%20Law%20Enforcement%20Mem.png?dl=0

Depending on the exact traffic patterns, the direction ofthe laser line, etc. there may be ways to project a beam into airspace here.For example, if the beam divergence is made sufficient that aircrews would notbe exposed to an irradiance greater than that of the applicable laser zone(Laser Free, Critical, Sensitive or Normal). Otherwise, the laser could remainwithin the site, terminated onto the wall.

Details are below. If you can help with this project, pleasecontact Ja%$^rret Du#*^$rty directly at *******

Thank you,

-- Patrick Murphy, ILDA Executive Director

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 11:03 AM, J%$*at Da#$%^ty <****** > wrote:
    Hello,

My nameis J*^&$et D&^%&ty. I am the Secretary for the Nebraska Law EnforcementMemorial located in Grand Island, NE.
    We areresearching adding a blue laser light feature to our memorial.
    One thought was to have a beam shoot into the sky(similar to the national lawmemorial), but in my preliminary research it seems this may not bepossible. Our memorial site is in the direct flight path of our airportand less than three miles from the end of the runway.

A secondthought was to have a smaller unit mount to a post light and project ahorizontal blue beam onto the granite face of the wall. The wall is about65 feet wide and eight feet tall. The post that we would try to mount aprojector to would be 25-30 feet away from the face of the wall. Ofcourse the projector would have to be weather proof.

We arelooking to purchase the projector and plan to project the beam every night,dusk to dawn.

Anyinsight or help to locate a reputable vendor for supplies is greatlyappreciated.

Thankyou,
    J&%$&*t

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I got an e-mail earlier today ...that for whatever reason, resonated with me ...I have some ideas for this.
    ..Umm, Sire.. Perhaps the 'reason it resonated' is because you might know someone with a ready-for-OEM-integration 32 Watt Blue sitting on the shelf?? http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...213#post302213 ..and with a simple-swap of the diode-engines to 9mm-diodes, we forecast better than 45W out the window.. 'Look Ma, no Fog!' Only-limited by budget.. IIRC, that 'DC beam-shoot' was done by OSLS, and was about 19W..

..and, while we have gotten clearance for 'close-proximity' shoots before (that were deemed by some as 'no way'..), even with that 'experience', withstanding, I'd still vote for a 'horizontal-shoot'.. Many, many reasons, but.. These things can all be discussed..

Don't know of any 'native' Nebraskan co's, but, that's not really important, it's about 'who has the best kit / experience for the job', and... Sure would like to *not* see - yet another project - get 'eaten up' by a certain Co. in PA..

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

PM sent with contact info.