Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driving content in our hobby?

I would be more than happy to contribute money to a group buy type of setup for show content, probably on a monthly basis. If the person creating shows uses LD2000/Beyond/Quickshow, everyone who contributes to the group buy can pay $20, $50, $75 etc. based on the # of people participating, length & quality of the show, beam show vs graphics, graphics + beams, number of projectors (main & satellites), and the $ amount the creator values the show. The group buy members can each get a copy of the show usable only with their FB3/QM2000 serial number.

If say 10 people join the group buy, each paying the same $50 amount, then the creator can make $500.00. The creator can still sell the show full price to anyone they choose without the show being copied/pirated/available in the public domain.

When someone needs/wants a show created, they could post the concept and the name of the song, and everyone interested could indicate their interest. The content creator could respond with cost per person and date show will be completed, paypal requirements, etc. Also content creators could list shows already available and the cost for group buy and number of participants needed for the group buy price.

I am open to any format: LD2000/Beyond/Quickshow but I would prefer beyond. Of course, ilda format would be ok too, but the creator would loose the control over the show that the serial number security option provides.

Does anyone see any downside to something like this? I think it would get quality content into less artistic hands (like mine), make money for content creators that otherwise wouldn't be available, and fund content creators so that they can focus on creating even more content. Seems like a win-win-win!

Any ideas on how this can become reality? Any content creators that would be interested? I would be interested in new TOP 40 radio content as well as classic rock planetarium style shows.

Another idea that comes to mind is a monthly subscription service like Promo Only and TM Century do for music and music videos http://www.tmstudios.com/index.php/hit-disc and http://www.promoonly.com/

I have had the yearly subscriptions to Promo Only and TM Century since 1994 for my dj business. There is no reason this model couldn't work for the laserist/laser show market too.
    Eric in New Orleans

I would also be the first to join the "Melty Abstract of the Month Club" were it to be available.
    Eric in New Orleans

I like the idea and you easily can get a show from me for that amount for instance that is a graphics show.
    The problem is with a group buy: What track does it involve grouping up to get a show made or to group buy a show that has already been made?