Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Arctos flexing euro patent muscles

Hello!
    I donīt want to say more than : Peter is not right!
    The really important point for "flexing patend muscles" was ONLY for the chinese importers, which destroy the local european business. Itīs a fact that the imported chinese units are as good as the kvant originals, and becouse everyone thinkīs that Kvant and co is "state of the art and high end" they need to flex the patents...
    Itīs not more, and not less. So Peter - this was ONLY becouse you just importet lightspace - no other reason for that.
    BR

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    It's not wise to talk about companies like that after having gone through a lawsuit.
    @kecked asked about it and I am not going to lie about what happened and who did what.

You closed doors to avoid a suit but many damn well knew what the outcome would be and the company (and many others) have tried to warn you to step out of a case like this and reason with your complainant.. but by jumping up and down and shouting and being stubborn you very much so encouraged this.
    I do not know who has been feeding you this BS but it's not true.
    I have tried to reason with Arctos but to no avail.
    I have never ever said anything wrong about Arctos or Kvant prior to this BS
    Also none of these two companies had any competition from me or my company. If they are indeed the " big company" you claim them to be, they should have ignored the few sales there were, but there is more to all of this then you assume...and I am not digging it up now.

Peter: You are the ONLY company to be sued.. and all this time before no single competitor has been sued by "2 companies."
    Again, you are heavily misinformed by biased sources.
    There have been other smaller companies sued within the EU, some in Germany as well.
    I am not naming names here.

I'm very sure there is more to this then what you state and I think it really has to do with you comparing products and down talking products of competitors.. this in it's essence is already bad work ethics and I think a big company just had enough.
    It is becoming overly clear that you are laying your ears to the wrong sources. Nothing what you say is true, other then the fact that there is indeed more to this then what meets the eye and it did not start with me but with one of these " big " companies.

Llaw isn't to be reasoned with especially if you do not have the funds or the means to pay for a proper lawyer.. but again: no competitor has been sued and this problem is bloated as an effort to have had people join your efforts/finance your case.
    OMG...you are deaf aren't you ? " no competitor has been sued " ? Get your facts straight please before you start a discussion you know nothing about other then what biased sources tell you.

This case should have NEVER been in existence, you should have had a chat privately between the manufacturer and you, rather then going all public and pointing fingers...
    Finally you say something that is true. As a matter of fact this is what I have been trying all along and I have the letters and e-mails to prove it, but when the other party is out for your guts, no amount of reasoning will help.

You should learn that sometimes staying on the low down or working in a respectful manner with your competitors not only creates a more comfortable industry but also shows you that there is plenty of means to sell if you find your niches/markets within this industry.
    I have worked with both parties in the past, was their dealer, my first ever full color laser was built by Thomas from Arctos. Sold Arctos lasers when the company was ran by someone I respected. Same goes for Kvant, I was a dealer for them, went to visit them and sold several of their lasers in the past. Been to Slovakia and spoke with them on various occasions. Never ever had any issue with them, respected them for what they built and made.

But unfortunately due to misinformation spread by people who don't know the nitty-gritty about this problem, things go from bad to worse and in the end it's easy to put the blame on someone who cannot defend himself.

You believe what you want PJ...there is nothing I can say or do that will change your view.

All the best, hopefully one day you'll see things as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Phritzler View Post
    Hello!
    I donīt want to say more than : Peter is not right!
    The really important point for "flexing patend muscles" was ONLY for the chinese importers, which destroy the local european business. Itīs a fact that the imported chinese units are as good as the kvant originals, and becouse everyone thinkīs that Kvant and co is "state of the art and high end" they need to flex the patents...
    Itīs not more, and not less. So Peter - this was ONLY becouse you just importet lightspace - no other reason for that.
    BR
    The patent wasn't Kvant's to begin with. Kvant had to pay license fee as well and probably still does.

I do agree with you that it was Kvant's aim to null the sales of Lightspace. As a famous German forum grouped together to buy these units themselves directly, they referred to the "FD3040" as a name and to hide the fact that they were importing these units directly themselves. This created a misinformed basis where it was " perceived" that I was selling huge numbers to and - especially - IN Germany, which was not the case.

The sad part is that a company as large as Kvant is with yearly several millions of Euro's in sales, which vastly surpasses anything I have ever accomplished in sales, could not just ignore this and " be a bigger man about it " . They had to kill off Lightspace and as they could not attack them directly, they went this way.

To me it's like Mercedes would try to put Fiat out of business because they also sell cars with 4 wheels and a steering wheel.

The bigger companies in this were and are both at different ends of the sales spectrum. Customers who would be wanting and willing to buy better gear would obviously not shop with my company and vice-versa. That alone should have been enough to keep this out of the courts and not try to kill off someone's livelihood who is just trying to earn a little money to earn for supporting his family. It remains sad that they felt this was necessary ...