Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Quickshow Software--good price.

Thumbs up Pangolin Quickshow Software--good price.

////////////////////////////////////////////
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Complete QS System 2.jpg  

Last edited by lasershow286; 03-31-2016 at 02:41.

Everybody:

Seeing that this is being sold at below our dealer price, there is close to a 100% certainty that this is a counterfeit product. We have examined the product and I can also tell you that it is made with inferior components. The way we found out about it is that these are failing in the field, and then customers return them to us for warranty repair. The hardware is made with sub-standard components which overheat and die. You guys want this at a show?

Within around a month we will announce a new, permanent way in which Pangolin will be dealing with counterfeiters and those engaging in piracy. To give you a sneak preview, we will be offering large cash rewards to people who contribute information leading to the prosecution (yes, prosecution) of people both selling and creating these counterfeit products.

We are in the process of taking legal action against these unethical folks. Just as one example, late last year we learned of a company in The Netherlands selling counterfeit QS. The company sold only 8 pieces, and yet by the time all of the smoke cleared, they had to pay 20,000 Euro in damages to us (plus give us all of the counterfeit QS so they could not sell them). This was the company that sold the first few that failed and were returned for warranty repair.

We are in the midst of launching a very large law suit in China, and we recently learned that responsible individuals can spend several years in prison for this. So -- in addition to seeking monetary damages, we are now seeking jail time too!

We will take any and all actions available to us in order to combat this problem. There has got to be a message that -- if you produce counterfeit products (which ultimately hurts not only Pangolin but consumers), you will pay dearly!

Please join with us in the fight against software piracy and hardware counterfeiting.

Best regards,

William Benner
    President, Pangolin Laser Systems

Is there a way to confirm genuine product through serial numbers? Are there any 'tells' we as consumers could look for to ensure we have legitimate hardware?

id like to check my serial numbers too

Son of a bitch!

How the hell did they get around the Pangolin Licence file protection? I would have thought that without the correct encryption the cloned hardware wouldn't work...

I purchased two FB3's from Goldenstar a couple years ago. I would be very interested in verifying that they are, in fact, genuine and not clones. Will the serial number suffice, or is there some other means? (Send them in for inspection?)

Adam

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Son of a bitch!

How the hell did they get around the Pangolin Licence file protection? I would have thought that without the correct encryption the cloned hardware wouldn't work...

I purchased two FB3's from Goldenstar a couple years ago. I would be very interested in verifying that they are, in fact, genuine and not clones. Will the serial number suffice, or is there some other means? (Send them in for inspection?)

Adam
    open it. if it's full of hot glue boogers and epoxy..
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Chris;

Have you actually seen inside one of the counterfeit units?

Adam

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Chris;

Have you actually seen inside one of the counterfeit units?

Adam
    no. i'm making a joke about low quality chinese projectors.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I just emailed Pangolin with all the information from mine which I suspect might not be genuine.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Son of a bitch!

Adam
    I work in software development company and our software usually sells at around 100.000 EUR per basic version/year and till about 2 years ago, Chinese still kept finding a way how to override our license managers and server validations through crafty reverse-engineering and emulation. Not putting all in the same bag, but this always ever happened only in China. Not in USA, Africa, Aus/NZ or Europe.. Sadly for them, our latest versions are, so far, unhackable!

Short term, they hurt business... long term, they are the source of security innovations and progression.
    My kit: Mamba Elements V3 & DAC, ILD SOS & LaserCam, LaserDock DAC, Kvant Clubmax 1800 (2017)