Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: electric confetti cannons?

Default electric confetti cannons?

EDIT: The way some of the members here have desperately tried to identify my location and nationality for whatever reason they believed was needed for by asking an admin to check my profile logs and researching me by the content of my posts has been very creepy and unnecessary. So bye.
    Last edited by dream; 04-28-2016 at 16:28.

That would be a confetti blower. You put the confetti in the hopper and a blower fan shoots it out continuously.

No from what I've seen of these I believe the top probably hinges and below is a hopper. The two tubes are both outlets just at different heights / angles to give better coverage.

There's a video of a similar one here apart fro the hopper attaches to the back:

i wish i could use flash powder as the propellent but i think that would have some regulatory problems
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

...Not as long as you use flash paper as the confetti!

If you are using these around lasers... use the tissue paper and NOT the reflective mylar stuff. You get weird reflections back down into the crowd. Also the Mylar can stain wood floors when it gets wet and trampled on.

BTW Dream, in your original post you said you didn't want to use Co2 gas - is this because of the cylinder aspect and the hassle of transport / filling?

If so, you might want to look at some of the non fan electric solutions. eg Showtec FX Confetti and I think here's another called Magic something as these use pre-loaded cartridges with the Nitrogen and confetti all built into the single cartridge. The cartridges are cheap - around £6-10 per shot (depending on size), and electrically ignited in the canon (I understand they work by some kind of fusible wire sealing the gas section of the cartridge and the electric ignition causes this to melt and release the gas and thus the confetti stacked above it):

http://lighthouseaudiovisual.co.uk/s...FUiWtAodUD4AJw

http://lighthouseaudiovisual.co.uk/e...r-102389-p.asp

http://lighthouseaudiovisual.co.uk/s...ic-70211-p.asp

If you're looking for a bang, I believe they go off at about 90db.

Have a look at Kabuki company. They do a co2 version that uses the little cylinders from whipped cream dispensers... a few $ each.
    The system itself isn't that expensive and is remote fired by 24v solanoid... and can be filled with confetti or streamers...

As for the differences in the systems...
    The co2 systems generally give a longer range and deliver in a single hit where as the fan systems are more of a 'spray' of confetti...

I can't find the details at the moment, but if you're interested, I'll dig them out next time I'm in the office...
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Google 'Venturi Blower' and you will see what is use on the continuous CO2 powered units. The Venturi effect sucks the confetti in from the hopper and blows it out with really high velocity, with no moving parts, pretty cool and low-tech!

sadly the whipped cream "whippet" are rather difficult to get where i live to to teens huffing the nitrous oxide. I did a buy a years or so and have a box of them, a few hundred of the things, i use them in a torch that combines that with butane, if any one needs any i can part with some and now i cant find the damned butane modules
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu