Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: helium filled bubbles machine?

I'm not really sure the size of the atom is a huge issue. I researched some more about the flying foam logo service and videos and the rate of diffusion seems more than enough for me.

But yeah, there are some other molecules or atoms that are lighter than air like ammonia, methane, nitrogen. I wouldn't mess with any of them. I think the most dangerous is still hydrogen but I wouldn't mess with these either.
    And as far as I know nitrogen is not enough lighter than air to be useful for this. Methane not so bad. But like I said as far as I know none are safe enough to mess with.
    Another thing maybe worth noting is some? bubble fluids contain glycerin which can also burn. But anyway, I'm not a chemist, just sharing some info I know.

Found some helium filled bubble videos

So looks possible and bubbles seem to last long enough to me.

Still interested what would be the efficient way to do this with bubble blowers. The U2 foam clouds also got me interested, would love to see that.
    Last edited by blue; 03-14-2015 at 09:21.

It's only dangerous if you have an accident
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Surely warm air would suffice. You just require a slightly lighter than ambient air.
    This space for rent.

That's interesting.
    But wouldn't the heat of the air in the bubbles quickly dissipate, in like few seconds? Because then I might as well just use a fan to blow the bubbles up, like some commercial bubble blowers already do.
    I'd want something that lasts longer, so in an open event you wouldn't get the bubbles falling back down.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    I've had this idea for a while.

Modified bubble machine that blows a bit of helium instead of just air so the helium filled bubbles don't fall.
    Helium isn't cheap, but bubbles aren't heavy either so no need to blow them with pure helium.
    Still would be expensive but would be so cool to have so many bubbles in the air going up and not falling in an open event.
    Combine that with powerful uv lights in the night that are aimed in the sky (so doesn't get on other things) and glowing bubbles (from glowing bubble fluids) and that could look pretty cool.
    Better to use hydrogen over helium because there is plenty of hydrogen around and will be for a very long time, not so with helium. As you mentioned helium is also expensive, but vents as it rises to outer space. Gone forever from this earth. Sorry to lend such a downer note.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    Better to use hydrogen
    Yeah... no .

Yeah... no .
    Oh, come on, it would be spectacular. Where's your showmanship?

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    Oh, come on, it would be spectacular. Where's your showmanship?
    Right next to my common sense

Thanks for the link.
    Why do I have a feeling all this machine does is this?

bottom is where helium and foam is pumped, brown is the stencil and black just 'cuts' a foam figure from the rest of the foam under it.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Right next to my common sense

Thanks for the link.
    Why do I have a feeling all this machine does is this?
    pretty much!

and their stencils are stupid expensive... (points to laser cutter in the garage).
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.