Thread: New Video! c:

Default New Video! c:

Hey guys! I just made this video a week or so ago and would love some feedback Everything is performed live (no timeline) and projectors were courtesy of Walt Meador. Thanks!

*And if anyone needs a laser operator...... PM me)
    Freelance Laser Operator in L.A.
    -

Well done! Look forward to seeing more!

I liked the build up of the beams in the beginning and how you cut-in the blue laser. The ending was a little bit too intense and repetitive.
    Last edited by turbohead; 03-25-2015 at 06:14.

Thanks for the input! I was fairly limited by time / hardware (using QM cards with Beyond created extreme lag and loss of frame rate. Only very simple movements and still cues were useable) but I'll definitely take your criticism and apply it to a future video where I have FB3s
    Last edited by AnthonyGarcia; 03-24-2015 at 22:49. Reason: Added more words
    -

Nice job dude. It really helps when you know the music!

I see you rented from Walt. I've used in in the past as well, and he's a great guy. The projectors looked fantastic. (7 in total, right?) I assume they were the 6-7 watt units he rents?

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

What blows my mind, and I commented on this when he put it on Facebook, was that SELEM was just 7 months ago and if I recall, he was just finding out about Beyond and the APC40 and in such a short time, is able to do that LIVE, without a timeline. I don't think I (or to be honest) or a lot of us amateurs could do that ON a timeline without a whole lot of hours work. Maybe if I was young and had more time to do nothing but learn and push myself with it but, similar to Gabe, Anthony is growing by leaps and bounds in very short order and will quickly embarrass most of us hacks. I'm tempted to say here.... here's all my gear... go set up ClubSELEM and we'll be back after dinner (and a nap).

(Or drag him to Utila and let him run the beach show while we go dance with the natives!)

Nice! A little too long in black but still a nice show. Well done for doing this live, excellent!
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I'm tempted to say here.... here's all my gear... go set up ClubSELEM and we'll be back after dinner (and a nap).
    Hell, after he has it set up, let's have him put on a training class for the rest of us!

Or drag him to Utila and let him run the beach show while we go dance with the natives!)
    Now *THAT* would have been epic! Honestly, we should try doing a Caribb-LEM when more college kids are there, just so we have a capacity crowd at the laser show. But yeah, put Andy on one console (Beyond) and Briggsy on another one (LivePro) and watch the magic from the audience. I could definitely go for that!

Adam

I really enjoyed this show! I'm really enthused to see more quality 5+ projector shows coming out. I think things are much more fun that way. If there are no objections, I may reproduce this one for my environment using LSX.

AnthonyGarcia: I'd love to see you compete at the live LaserJock competition they have at ILDA. Lots of talent and fun there!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Nice job dude. It really helps when you know the music!

I see you rented from Walt. I've used in in the past as well, and he's a great guy. The projectors looked fantastic. (7 in total, right?) I assume they were the 6-7 watt units he rents?

Adam
    Thanks for your kind words! I didn't rent from Walt but actually made that video in his Joplin MO shop! Tons of toys to play with there and in that video, theres actually a range of projectors from 5W to 15W.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    What blows my mind, and I commented on this when he put it on Facebook, was that SELEM was just 7 months ago and if I recall, he was just finding out about Beyond and the APC40 and in such a short time, is able to do that LIVE, without a timeline. I don't think I (or to be honest) or a lot of us amateurs could do that ON a timeline without a whole lot of hours work. Maybe if I was young and had more time to do nothing but learn and push myself with it but, similar to Gabe, Anthony is growing by leaps and bounds in very short order and will quickly embarrass most of us hacks. I'm tempted to say here.... here's all my gear... go set up ClubSELEM and we'll be back after dinner (and a nap).

(Or drag him to Utila and let him run the beach show while we go dance with the natives!)
    You're correct that SELEM was my first experience with BEYOND. Since then, I've done 4 festivals, 2 individual concerts, and just got done with my first mini tour (not to mention months of playing in my room for whatever a friend or date wanted to see).
    I would actually love to fly in a day early to help out with Club SELEM. I've been asked from many if I'll be returning and hopefully my schedule will alow me to
    In regards to Utila, fly me over there, give me a hotel, and one of your 3W for "pay" and you have my soul

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    AnthonyGarcia: I'd love to see you compete at the live LaserJock competition they have at ILDA. Lots of talent and fun there!

-David
    I've been told by a few that I should do it but being in Dubai, not much I can do but hope I'll be available that week and maybe I'll make it out. International travel isnt cheap!
    -