Thread: rgb laser

Default rgb laser

Im new to all this but Im starting to collect/build components to start making interferometers and holograms and the like. making or buying the hardware isn't a problem for me but at this point I need better quality lasers then the cheap laser pointers I have been using. I am wondering if there are RGB laser modules that use DMX to control the component levels. I know there are RGB laser projectors that have a DMX interface but I am not presently interested in doing any DJ light show and making moving effects. I just want the components to share the same beam line. and as I own a DMX console it would be convenient to be able to control the relative intensities of the component levels and create a range of colors that I could program and cycle through at will. are there any such devices or should I get a projector and remove the parts that might interfere with my goals. Im a professional fabricator ( but i also do some lighting hence the dmx board) so Im good with hardware end of things, its electronics that I'm not very strong with.

...........check this one out
    http://www.aixiz.com/store/product_i...roducts_id/459

then read this impartial unbiased review from a pro--

http://www.aixiz.com/store/product_r.../reviews_id/25

Terry was unknown to AixiZ before writing the nice review-I have one of these and really like it- I have sevearl projects I can use this RGB in and made them for easy removal - most impressive for this was the LUMIA I got from this VERY TINY RGB-I expected white LUMIA but was wrong- some/most glass acts like a diffraction grating and unmixes the colors nicely-
    AixiZ is in Houston and they have the best rep of any laser parts seller--

I will be making a trip to AixiZ in the next few weeks if you want me to test one for you before sending-

w/ an inventory of 10,000 items in stock its unreasonable to think AixiZ can test everything before shipping.

however AixiZ is good about replacements--- I have run mine for hours w/no problems-

be sure to mention both me & the forums when you order

-an easy way is to full your cart THEN call Dr Chuck M-F 9am til noonish (Central time)at 1-713 240-4929.you *MIGHT* get offered free shipping--

dont know of any RGB module that 'comes with' DMX controll-just in Projectors-
    with the Enntec DMX controller you can control any ILDA PJ using Pangolin soft..

good luck w/ yr projects.............Len
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-