Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cheap "10,000" lumen projector

Thanks. Thats interesting. I thought the brighter ones had one big one in them.

I think the major problem with multiple projectors will be alignment. You not only have to align in X and Y to a fraction of a pixel, but you have to avoid rotation to the same precision AND you have to have the magnification so similar that if the pixels in the very centers of the projections are overlapping,then the pixels at the edge of the field overlap to a fraction of their width. Otherwise, the image might get brighter but the resolution will suffer.

An alternative is to tile the screen with the projections. This eases the alignment to the interface which is often a blend over several pixels in width. Here the brightness of the individual tiles needs to be adjusted so that they are not seen as separate. You can avoid two axis keystone-ing by building separate stacks for each vertical row.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    hell when i first started vj'ing i used CRT projectors that needed to be converged each gig x 3 len's per projector
    I used to service those nightmares I don't know what was worse, setting the convergence or the nicotine goo that clings to all the high voltage parts
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Only if you reduce it using optics.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Does this mean decreasing projection size increases brightness?
    Absolutely. However, norty is correct. Just place your projector twice as close to the screen or use a long distance lens and the brightness rises as the area covered decreases. No light is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    Definitely practical. Back in the day, before video projectors, we stacked Kodak Ektagraphic 35mm slide projectors for pin-registered 35mm slide projection mosaics. Large front or rear projection screens were used. Typically 3 projectors in a stack were used (but 4 projector stacks also existed) with 3 or 4 stacks providing horizontal coverage for the full screen width, all under automated, programmable projector controllers. Like yours, and the one VJ AIWAZ showed, each projector had 3-axis controls for alignment with other projectors in the stack.

Attachment 46734

With video projectors now, it's just got to be way cooler.
    I have one of those exact same triple shelf things with all the adjustments, it's pretty neat