Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cheap "10,000" lumen projector

Default cheap "10,000" lumen projector

EDIT: The way some of the members here have desperately tried to identify my location and nationality for whatever reason they believed was needed for by asking an admin to check my profile logs and researching me by the content of my posts has been very creepy and unnecessary. So bye.
    Last edited by dream; 04-28-2016 at 16:24.

Stacking projectors is a common practise in video world. Most manufacturers offer specific chassis to do the job. E.g. Sanyo PLC projectors have stacking instructions in the manual
    He's just DIYed it with cheaper projectors.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

a cheap way of doing it is to find one of these on ebay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Two-Sli...item4192352782

hell when i first started vj'ing i used CRT projectors that needed to be converged each gig x 3 len's per projector

Quote Originally Posted by dream View Post
    I knew it sounded too good for nobody to have come about it before...
    Well at least I know it works and is practical.

Is the brightness of 2 stacked X brightness projectors any different than a single 2X brightness projector? (check my diagram)
    Definitely practical. Back in the day, before video projectors, we stacked Kodak Ektagraphic 35mm slide projectors for pin-registered 35mm slide projection mosaics. Large front or rear projection screens were used. Typically 3 projectors in a stack were used (but 4 projector stacks also existed) with 3 or 4 stacks providing horizontal coverage for the full screen width, all under automated, programmable projector controllers. Like yours, and the one VJ AIWAZ showed, each projector had 3-axis controls for alignment with other projectors in the stack.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dallas Arapahoe Studio-18.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	46734

With video projectors now, it's just got to be way cooler.

hey lasermaster the only thing missing from your pic is an overhead with a clock face (glass)

What's the purpose of the angle adjustment on the stackers? Can't positional and proportional correction setting in the PJs enough? Or is it just for projectors which don't have such a setting?

I actually like the system that Ken is showing on YouTube. I would add a fine adjust, rotational, screw driven plate on N-1 of the shelves. I would go to fine pitch, threaded rod as well. The problem with multiple co-aligned projectors is...alignment. These external adjustments can be finer than the lens-shift adjustment within the projectors and a DIY solution allows you to fit the support to the projectors.

One downside I can think of with using stacks instead of one powerful projector is replacing 2 or more lamps after the same amount of usage hours. But maybe the single lamp in the powerful one is twice or more expensive than two+ lamps for stacked projectors in which case never mind.

well thats not how the large venue projectors are setup

10k ,15k sanyos use 4 lamps and you can select 1 ,2 or 4 lamp mode in the menus (i owned the 15k sanyo plc-xf47)