Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Maxyzmodules 225mW RED module

happiness!
    Maxyz red and my lasever green! Just need a good blue now!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0065.JPG  

DSC_0061.JPG  

Nice!...........................................

As Maxy would say .... " Wooo PRETTIES "
    Very nice shot
    Last edited by marconi; 05-11-2007 at 06:26.
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

nice how much power is it?

I need some red to mix it with 1150mW 532nm green

i have 200mw 532nm and that was only one 220mw red from marconi in those pictures. I actually will have another marconi red module added in shortly.

what do you folks suggest?

500mW 635nm lasever or 900mW 660nm lasever?

Or 400mW of this model?

Cool

Wow... You've got over a watt of green there. You're going to want a lot of red to mix with it, and it's not going to be cheap.

It depends on what you want to do. If you're just looking for bright beams, then I'd probably go with the 900 mw of 660 nm and leave it at that. But your color balance is going to be awful with the green running wide open.

If you're going to do graphics, then color balance is going to be a more significant factor. While you don't have to be *perfect* to look good, you do need to be in the ballpark. And with over a watt of green, the numbers are going to be large...

If you can afford it, I'd go with the 900 mw of 660 nm red *AND* the 500 mw of 635 nm red. (There are narrow-band dichros available that will allow you to mix 660 nm and 635 nm.) But even with that combination you're going to be a tad shy on the red; you might need to dial the green back a bit.

The rule of thumb is that your red should be 4.6 times brighter than your green, and your blue should be 2.4 times brighter than your green. But in reality you can "get by" with red at 2X green and blue = green.

In your case, if you're going to run the green wide open then you'll want at least 2 watts of red. That's going to be extremely expensive. But if you dial the green back to around 700 mw, you can run the 900 mw of 660 nm + 500 mw of 635 nm and end up with a decent color balance - at least with respect to red-yellow-green.

Of course, this still leaves you with the problem of trying to generate ~700 mw of blue to balance the rest out... That's *really* going to be expensive. (shudder)

On the other hand, if you decide to go with, say, 250 mw of blue (that's about the power level where if you go much higher, the price skyrockets), then you'll need to dial the green *way* back; no more than 300 mw or so. But if you do that, you could get by with the single 500 mw of 635 nm and have good color balance. Or you might choose to upgrade to the 900 mw of 660 nm red, which would look *very* good. (Darker red = better color blending.) But either way your total output power is significantly reduced because you've dialed the green back so far.

I guess the real question is, how much total power output do you need (or, more to the point: what will your budget allow)?

Adam

WOW...that was alot of nice reading.
    I am going to get a 500mW 473nm from CNI with analogue modulation ofcourse. And I will need alot of red. Aiming at 1.4watt red. mixing 660nm and 635nm. But there be a problem, getting a FAT beam?? The 660nm from maxyz is 2.4mm and 635nm is around 5-6mm, maby more?

Anyway...money talks and will have the final decition.

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Wow... You've got over a watt of green there. You're going to want a lot of red to mix with it, and it's not going to be cheap.

It depends on what you want to do. If you're just looking for bright beams, then I'd probably go with the 900 mw of 660 nm and leave it at that. But your color balance is going to be awful with the green running wide open.

If you're going to do graphics, then color balance is going to be a more significant factor. While you don't have to be *perfect* to look good, you do need to be in the ballpark. And with over a watt of green, the numbers are going to be large...

If you can afford it, I'd go with the 900 mw of 660 nm red *AND* the 500 mw of 635 nm red. (There are narrow-band dichros available that will allow you to mix 660 nm and 635 nm.) But even with that combination you're going to be a tad shy on the red; you might need to dial the green back a bit.

The rule of thumb is that your red should be 4.6 times brighter than your green, and your blue should be 2.4 times brighter than your green. But in reality you can "get by" with red at 2X green and blue = green.

In your case, if you're going to run the green wide open then you'll want at least 2 watts of red. That's going to be extremely expensive. But if you dial the green back to around 700 mw, you can run the 900 mw of 660 nm + 500 mw of 635 nm and end up with a decent color balance - at least with respect to red-yellow-green.

Of course, this still leaves you with the problem of trying to generate ~700 mw of blue to balance the rest out... That's *really* going to be expensive. (shudder)

On the other hand, if you decide to go with, say, 250 mw of blue (that's about the power level where if you go much higher, the price skyrockets), then you'll need to dial the green *way* back; no more than 300 mw or so. But if you do that, you could get by with the single 500 mw of 635 nm and have good color balance. Or you might choose to upgrade to the 900 mw of 660 nm red, which would look *very* good. (Darker red = better color blending.) But either way your total output power is significantly reduced because you've dialed the green back so far.

I guess the real question is, how much total power output do you need (or, more to the point: what will your budget allow)?

Adam
    Hi Adam thanks for response

The color balance is for Pangolin just have to tune the line and he will do the rest,
    The main use is beamshows, so power is important.

specs of green 1.2 to 2.0mrad and 2.0 to 3.0mm beam. So beam quality is not realy a issue

i also worked with pro laser like 16 watt jenlas for several months

But the green/ maybe rgy is may hobby projector

[quote=movinghead;23151]500mW 635nm lasever or 900mW 660nm lasever?[quote]

The 635nm + 660nm will give you some very nice colours.

A pair of the 500mW 635nm's mixed with a PBS will look quite a bit brighter, and pretty good with a watt of green IMHO.
    A little bit werrrr, a little bit weyyyyyy, a little bit arrrrgggghhh