Thread: Any interest in Lightwave Half-Note laser(s)?

Default Any interest in Lightwave Half-Note laser(s)?

I may have to opportunity to pick up some Lightwave Half-Note lasers. If you're not familiar with these, they are 2-3W CW 532nm and use a single 20W pump diode that can be replaced without needing to realign the cavity. They have a built-in driver, but the interface is non-trivial. If I get several of them, I'd spend the time to come up with a simple control panel. They support analog modulation, but probably not very fast. If you wanted to make your own driver, you'd need a 10A TEC driver for the baseplate, a 1.5A TEC driver for the KTP and a 25-30A diode driver for the pump diode.

As for pricing, they'd be around $1K for units making >2W and a bit more for units making >2.5W.

I've attached a bunch of pictures of one of these units. Note that the control panel shown (labeled halfnote test fixture) is not going to be included.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails halfnote-1.jpg  

halfnote-2.jpg  

halfnote-3.jpg  

halfnote-4.jpg  

halfnote-5.jpg  

halfnote-6.jpg  

halfnote-7.jpg  

halfnote-deck-1.jpg  

halfnote-deck-2.jpg  

halfnote-deck-3.jpg  

halfnote-deck-4.jpg  

halfnote-cavity.jpg  

halfnote-beampath.jpg  

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I'm interested at a 500$ price level.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

If you're not familiar with these, I'll let you know that they are great lasers. Can't replace the pump diode with the cheap Chinese lasers!

I have a pile of SDL 30A laser diode drivers w/ integrated 10A TEC controllers that will power these (minus the KTP TEC) if anyone buys a half-note and is interested. Although I've found it's easy to control the half-note's using a simple interface if there are no problems with the original power supply.

Kevin, I still have your controller if you need it back Still have at least 6 of the half-notes...

-G

I'd be interested too at the $500 level if these come with no control panel, more if they come with a control panel or interface specs.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    I'm interested at a 500$ price level.

Steve
    same

15 lovely characters

Quote Originally Posted by hologeek View Post
    If you're not familiar with these, I'll let you know that they are great lasers. Can't replace the pump diode with the cheap Chinese lasers!

I have a pile of SDL 30A laser diode drivers w/ integrated 10A TEC controllers that will power these (minus the KTP TEC) if anyone buys a half-note and is interested. Although I've found it's easy to control the half-note's using a simple interface if there are no problems with the original power supply.

Kevin, I still have your controller if you need it back Still have at least 6 of the half-notes...

-G
    Hologeek- PM me if your selling any of those SDL drivers. What model are they??

Geeze George...six of them? You really only need two for the laser ARK. These are no good for holography so how diod you end up with six? Long story? best, Phil
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

Default Halfnote available

Is anyone interested in a Halfnote,I have 2.
    Thank you,

Ken 530-613-5283 PT

Hi Ken,
    Are the lasers in working condition and at what power? Close to TEM 00? Do you have a price set? Thanks, Phil
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)