Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Selfmade 8W RGB projector

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by Niklas92 View Post

Next weekend we do a pyroshow... If you want I can document the show and post it here . But the show will be without laser .
    If it's not too much trouble, yes, that would be very interesting to watch. I know that sometimes trying to get video or pictures when you're doing a show is difficult though, since your main responsibility is doing the show. That happens to me a lot. I get too busy with other things and forget I needed to go hit "record" on the camera. So, no worries if you can't get it documented.

Niklas92,
    I am interested in how you are accomplishing the water tight seal between the edges of the panels. This is especially challenging at the corners of panels that can be removed as opposed to, say, welded together.

I am also interested in the smoke generated by the pyrotechnics. I have seen combined displays where even powerful lasers were washed out by the blinding flash of the pyrotechnic explosions. On the other hand, even the rocket trails of fireworks generate a lot of smoke that enhance the beams from the lasers. Then of course there are pyrotechnics that only generate smoke and would be useful for laser displays, but they are dense as well as short lived. What do you think about hazers combined with pyrotechnics? Is there a role for this?

I use a wide rubber seal between the edges of the panels. This kind of seal can be compressed well. So I have the possibility to lap the seal in the corners. I have done some tests and they were very promising.

For smoke we don´t use only use the fog from the pyro´s. We have some big fog machines and wind machines to distribute the fog. If you use only the pyro´s for fog you mostly don´t have enough fog for the lasers or the fog isn´t distribute enough.

Welcome Niklas92.

Congratulations for your projector. It looks professional construction to me. What is that material you use for internal base (like aluminum sandwich) ?
    Here where I live it is difficult to find even simple flat and fat aluminum base. Do you have any link for this material or even 1cm aluminum boards where i can put an order ?
    (My first and only RGB home made projector is made on 1.5mm aluminum / steel box and when it warms up the beams become misaligned).
    Any answer from you or anybody else is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snap_2015.04.30 10.10.36_007.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	373.0 KB 
ID:	46980
    Last edited by ddimitris; 04-29-2015 at 23:18. Reason: to insert a picture

Hi Niklas and welcome from another newbie to PL.
    Your projector build looks VERY solid and well constructed. Nice work.

Great to see another with German blood too!! Although I am living in Australia and my German leaves a lot to be desired, I do have German blood and I'm very much inspired by Berlin School Electronic in my music.

I'm in the process of building my first projector too although mine will not be anywhere near the power output of yours (mine is just under 1 watt combined RGB).