Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Selfmade 8W RGB projector

Default Selfmade 8W RGB projector

Hey people,

my name is Niklas and I'm from Germany / Hanover. Iīm 22 years old an I work as an electrician and pyrotechnician. The last weeks I have built a projector and I would like to present the projector to you here. My englisch isnīt very good but I hope you understand me.

Attached some pictures from the projector. The projector isnīt quite ready.The housing will be anodized next time.

The galvos in the projector are low cost galvos with small performence. The will be changed next time too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1877.JPG 
Views:	147 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	46755Test on the base Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1904.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	46757Electrical components

Name:	IMG_1906.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	46754Backsite Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2106.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	905.9 KB 
ID:	46753 Ready projector

Before I start to build I had some very helpfull discussions with Phil (leader of Live Lasersystems).

My final decision fell on the modules from Live Lasersystems. The modules are verry small in relation to the laserpower.

Name:	IMG_1831.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	46756 Green, blue and red modul

The Beamsize are 5.5mm x 4mm with less than 1mRad (0,7mRad) divergence by blue and green. The red beam is 5.5mm x 5mm by less than 1,2mm divergence.
    In my case all modules are use multimode laserdiodes with beam correction. The beam is very nice.
    The power of the green modul are 2W 520nm , blue are 3.5W 462nm and red is 2.5W 635nm.

Name:	DSC_0913.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	46760 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0916.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	46759 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1005.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	46758

Pictures are taken with 50% laserpower and the distance to the projector are 75meters.

I uesed the projector outdoor for multimedia shows with firework, other lights like moving heads and so on and the projector is still visible on distance.
    Last edited by Niklas92; 04-06-2015 at 09:27.

Quote Originally Posted by dream View Post
    Ok. Talking about the modules in his projector, seems legit.
    Ok.
    Ok.
    OK, now 90% of the post is about how great the modules are, but ok...
    OK. Make that 95%.
    Obviously not an ad thread.
    EDIT: Post was later edited to tone down the praising, Ok...
    No need to be so rude toward a new member man

Even if it may sounds a bit like an ad thread, personally I prefer way more such a home build thread rather than the standard "oh look at my new 100% ready chinese box I'm so proud of it even if I have no clue how to build a projector and how it works".

By the way, welcome here Niklas92, and thanks for sharing pictures of your build

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    No need to be so rude toward a new member man
    Heartily agreed. That came off sounding really dickwad-ish to a new member. I understand why and everything (and I can tell it was edited after the fact) but still... it read "rude".

By the way, welcome here Niklas92, and thanks for sharing pictures of your build
    Yes, thanks! Good effort for your first time. And welcome to PL! Sorry if it was a rocky start.

I think those modules look great too. Any chance that you might pop the lid on them and give us a peek at what they look like inside?

Thumbs down

I don't care if it "read rude". My reply was to a post which was as bad as the chinese seller posts creating new accounts and advertising their shit..
    Uh, sorry, but Not not even *close* to being as bad - a) Did you miss the part where he stated "..I have built a projector.."? That's not 'spam', merely someone that is proud of his achievement - Regardless if he just mentioned (even if he HAD links / URLs, etc.. he TOOK THEM OUT, yo!) some Co's 'commercial modules' / thier attributes, or not - as-well he should be (Nice job, Nik.. Welcome to PL, and Keep up the good werk.. b) I don't see where he was / is *selling anything*, so..

..for someone that just got a rather-generous helping of other Peoples time / info-sharing / education on Your newb-questions / threads (Laser vs Incand light', AR windows, etc, etc..) you're kinda being a douchehat to to this newcomer.. Jus sayin..

..Yes, there is *entirely* too much ChiSpam in this forum, but.. This warn't it, ya dig?

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by drm916 View Post
    I think those modules look great too. Any chance that you might pop the lid on them and give us a peek at what they look like inside?
    Agreed. From the looks of the outside, I'm actually not opposed to seeing and hearing a little more about "Live Lasersystems".

how much did that 2.5W red cost??

looks nice, specs on the site are impressive too... I figure big $$$

Right, but my response was made *before* he did that, so what's your point?

No, but you missed the rest of the 95% of the thread which was just ad, because he removed it. And I said this already.
    There are few tricks to guise spam, that's one of them. Have you never seen fake customer reviews in commercials? If you're going to call me a douche-whatever for pointing that out then that's rather stupid for someone like you. Because you are literally judging me without knowing what I responded to and saying something which doesn't explicitly mention "I sell this", or has 5% non-ad info mixed in isn't an ad unlike "chispam".

As I said,
    Now if he truly wants to become a real member here and not just advertise stuff, which he did, intentionally or not, then I'll welcome him too.
    We can move on or you can continue ironically insulting me for being rude, in response to something you haven't even seen and only assume what it was.
    What could have simply happened is that the guy obtained a discount on his modules in exchange of a little ad on this forum... but unfortunately he made it in a not-so-subtle way, enough to be catched by you

But as I don't see obvious links between him and the vendor of the modules, we should allow him the benefit of doubt. I always love to see new builds and such things are becoming rare here so I'm looking forward to see the following

Right, but my response was made *before* he did that, so what's your point?

No, but you missed the rest of the 95% of the thread which was just ad, because he removed it. And I said this already.
    There are few tricks to guise spam, that's one of them. Have you never seen fake customer reviews in commercials? If you're going to call me a douche-whatever for pointing that out then that's rather stupid for someone like you. Because you are literally judging me without knowing what I responded to and saying something which doesn't explicitly mention "I sell this", or has 5% non-ad info mixed in isn't an ad unlike "chispam".

As I said,
    Now if he truly wants to become a real member here and not just advertise stuff, which he did, intentionally or not, then I'll welcome him too.
    We can move on or you can continue ironically insulting me for being rude, in response to something you haven't even seen and only assume what it was.
    Out of the 8 photos posted I only see 2 with the modules in them. Sort of blows your 95% out of the water considering we are all about pics in new build threads.

There has been a declining number of new build threads for years. I welcome this thread and niklas92 even if he was advertising the modules.

If you're interested in Live modules, chat to Phritzler who is one of the guys behind them I believe, and a long term forum member and contributor....
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.