Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FB4 speculation and info thread

There's been a picture of the external version on Pangolin's facebook page for a few days now.

It appears to show DMX Out / In and ILDA Out / In and Rj45 + colour screen, SDHC (?) and some kind of mode button with RJ45 data indicators and some kind of indicator over the mode select button:

I'm guessing the fact that there's DMX included means an end to needing an Entecc interface.

Shame they didn't fit a Neutrik Ethercon....
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    I'm guessing the fact that there's DMX included means an end to needing an Entecc interface.
    I think the DMX is for controlling the FB4 not the other way around

the FB4 is designed to be integrated into projectors... so you can control the projector via dmx and use the frames on the sd card... or Ethernet and use it with beyond etc

I don't think that's the external version, I think that's just showing what it will look like when mounted on a panel.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Hi guys

The FB4 i had in my hand last year at frankfurt was a prototype. It had the same size as the small housing as the FB3QS, just with ethernet and a Micro SC card on the front.

/Poul.

As Frank posted above, the DMX is for controlling the FB4. I do not believe it supports DMX out.

Likewise, the ILDA port is for ILDA-out to a second projector, although it might also support ILDA-in... I forgot to ask Bill about that.

2 days until Pro Light and Sound... Anyone here planning on attending the conference? Would be nice to get some answers!

Adam

Yes, DMX ports usually come in pairs purely for daisy chaining fixtures. They're just wired in parallel usually.
    I would also imagine that the ILDA in is so that you can still use the projector even if you're not using Pangolin software.
    I can't see too many system integrators who'd buy into a product that ONLY allows control by Pangolin.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Shame they didn't fit a Neutrik Ethercon....
    I second that!

15....Char
    Philipp Wetter

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Yes, DMX ports usually come in pairs purely for daisy chaining fixtures. They're just wired in parallel usually.
    I would also imagine that the ILDA in is so that you can still use the projector even if you're not using Pangolin software.
    I can't see too many system integrators who'd buy into a product that ONLY allows control by Pangolin.
    This is correct, You can use Ilda in and Ilda Through.

If you use ilda in, you can change the color settings through the FB4 user interface.
    The input and output is buffered so its not a blind daisy chained SubD25 M/F connector. There is logic in play.