Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Etherdream with LFI?

Default Etherdream with LFI?

So my Etherdream just arrived and I only have LFI player (for now) and I want to test it out. I got it connected to my network and I downloaded the .dll for it and renamed that to EzAudDac.dll and ran the EzAudDac exe but I have no idea what I am doing. I read through the Etherdream website and a few forum posts but I don't know where to start.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomtortoise View Post
    So my Etherdream just arrived and I only have LFI player (for now) and I want to test it out. I got it connected to my network and I downloaded the .dll for it and renamed that to EzAudDac.dll and ran the EzAudDac exe but I have no idea what I am doing. I read through the Etherdream website and a few forum posts but I don't know where to start.

One thing people always forget with LFI player is to turn on laser emission manually in the software, each time you start the program.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

I have that clicked but other than that, I pretty much have nothing set up. I have the IP of the DAC but I don't know if I use that or a com port.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

I have that clicked but other than that, I pretty much have nothing set up. I have the IP of the DAC but I don't know if I use that or a com port.
    the usb port on the etherdream dac is only used for flashing the firmware.. the etherdream dac is addressed via ethernet.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I have it connected to my computer through the LAN port and had it connected directly to my router earlier, nothing with either, not really sure why I said com port but that seems to be the only sort of connectivity option I can find in LFI.

Well I tried two computers and every setting I could in a few hours, I just had to turn off the firewall... Probably would have been good to try that first..
    Last edited by Tomtortoise; 04-12-2015 at 04:50.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Well I tried two computers and every setting I could in a few hours, I just had to turn off the firewall... Probably would have been to try that first..
    from the ether-dream website:

Note: you may need to disable or adjust the settings on your firewall software to be able to communicate with the Ether Dream. The driver DLL uses TCP port 7765 and UDP port 7654.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Hi all,

I've been lurking these forums for a few months now, learning as much as I can from the wealth of knowledge here. I also just ordered an Etherdream DAC and I can't seem to get LFI player running smoothly. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out. I can usually get a laser output for a few seconds, but then LFI player crashes and the laser turns off. Other times, LFI player crashes before any output is sent to the laser. I have been loading the default_fonts.ild file from the LFI player folder and another test pattern. Playing with the settings, it seems like some COM settings work better than others, but I really have no idea what many of these settings are telling me.

A few notes about my setup:
    - "enable laser" checkbox marked
    - I updated etherdream firmware from the website
    - copied the etherdream.dll and renamed it as EzAudDac.dll in the LFI player folder
    - Etherdream plugged into router
    - the etherdream sitter sees the DAC on my network
    - DHCP server enabled
    - host computer set to static ip
    - windows firewall disabled
    - TCP port 7765 and UDP port 7654 forwarded on my router (not sure if these ports should be forwarded to(from?) my host computer ip, the DAC ip, or router ip but doesn't seem to matter)
    - running windows 7 64 bit

The longest I can get a laser output is about 20 seconds before the program crashes. I've tried many different settings, but there are a lot of options that I just don't know anything about. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

LFI's creator lives in the "Pacific Northwest"... Perhaps call/email him.? Mike does not bite.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Problem solved. My wifi router is buggy. I was aware that my home wifi internet connection will cut out randomly but I was assuming it was my modem. As I was diagnosing the Etherdream I saw many millions of bytes of data sent and only about 0.01% bytes received by the etherdream. I tried plugging my computer into the router and then SUCCESS! LFI Player works! Now to get zoof games working...