Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ALL type of laser pointers now illegal in Norway !

I think the main reason this law suddenly dropped down here in Norway is the huge amount of laser-pointed-to-planes reported the last years.
    And to prevent this they forbid everyone to have a pointer more then 1mW.

I don't think the police will go after you and search your house\car for a pointer, but with this low then can finally give you a fine when they DO catch you with it.
    Because it have happen many times that the police have captured kids playing fools with a pointer, but all they can do is tell them "this is bad" and let them go.

Also I dont think the club is the biggest issue, as the clubs have been using lasers the last 15-20 years now without any accident reported (As far as I know) .

But I will take contact and try to get myself a license to ki...... license to own a laser I mean

In Uk i believe they are currently using offensive weapon legislation to confiscate laser pens and prosecute and trading standards are using existing legislation under "general product legislations 1995 " to seize stock ... so existing legislations exist to deal with issues , but it really dont have the marketing/warning impact of "laser pens are illegal" which is the general long term message thats needed to discourage irresponsible people / teenagers to buy and abuse with high power lasers.

I know the UK market quite well and as far as i can see there is very little WEB activity within UK of selling high power lasers in a silly manner where kids can get access , in the main the issues are down to out of Uk websites and ebay selling 1mW lasers that are not imW
    IE

Powerful Green Laser Pointer 303 1mw 532nm Focus Beam Light Pen+18650 Charger

Professional 1mw 532nm 8000M High Power Green Laser Pointer Light Pen Lazer Beam

High Power GREEN LASER POINTER PEN ADJUSTABLE FOCUS 532NM BURNING BEAM LAZER

a 1mW class 2 laser is NEVER going to "burn" of realistically be described as "powerful" , its obvious sellers are listing as 1mW and
    sending units a lot more powerful
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

... my idea is, that this will be a good chance for start-ups, developing/building/selling cheap pocket-energy-meters for testing pointers ;-)

Viktor

Quote Originally Posted by liteglow View Post

But I will take contact and try to get myself a license to ki...... license to own a laser I mean
    Let us know how the application process is, and what is the outcome.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

"Nobody told me this hobby was going be a bottomless moneypit!!!"

Datsurb , i dont believe you ... every new here is welcomed with same message , expect your wallet to be empty in future :-)

Everyone gets the same fair warning !
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    In terms of a threat assessment Norway (and Europe) would do better to ban the Koran.
    you know I thought maybe my reference to the 2011 Norway bombing/massacre was over the line, glad someone pushed the line further lol

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    you know I thought maybe my reference to the 2011 Norway bombing/massacre was over the line, glad someone pushed the line further lol
    well there is 5 million people living in Norway, it happen ONCE !
    How many does get killed in norway with guns each day in norway = none

so how is that "everyone should own a gun" going for you in the US.
    Police in Norway does not have gun either, that make it more easy to not mistake the gun for a tazer I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
    well there is 5 million people living in Norway, it happen ONCE !
    How many does get killed in norway with guns each day in norway = none

so how is that "everyone should own a gun" going for you in the US.
    Police in Norway does not have gun either, that make it more easy to not mistake the gun for a tazer I guess.
    oh no 5 million!? the population of florida is 4x that

I'd rather have freedoms than not, persons that would trade freedoms for security deserve neither

anyway like I said, if the laws are so effective how can you have ANY gun violence?

because criminals don't follow laws! wow! amazing! what a concept!

kids don't follow laws either, but without a laserpointer there is nothing wrong they can do with it, simple as that

so you honestly believe laser pointers will no longer exist or enter Norway from now on?