Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ALL type of laser pointers now illegal in Norway !

Flecom,
    I say, thank Gud for Norway and Sweden and France and Greece and... It's like the canary in the mine shaft. Maybe everything will turn out OK. Really.

and they are near Germany... hrmmm...

no I kid, I kid, the Germans are a wonderful people...

anyone that can make such good headphones are OK with me lol

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    so you honestly believe laser pointers will no longer exist or enter Norway from now on?
    of course they will, do you think people is so stupid that they deliver them in to the police ?
    But what I do believe is that MANY kids will find it pretty much harder to get a pointer as it will be illegal to sell them in stores, illegal to import and if they have one public they will be reported to the police. so YES this law will make it harder.
    In norway we learn to be kind to other and help people, we don`t learn to protects us with guns and shoot other instead.

But regarding the rules of zero tolerance in guns, Norway is the 7 th biggest exporter of weapons :P

Quote Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
    of course they will, do you think people is so stupid that they deliver them in to the police ?
    But what I do believe is that MANY kids will find it pretty much harder to get a pointer as it will be illegal to sell them in stores, illegal to import and if they have one public they will be reported to the police. so YES this law will make it harder.
    In norway we learn to be kind to other and help people, we don`t learn to protects us with guns and shoot other instead.

But regarding the rules of zero tolerance in guns, Norway is the 7 th biggest exporter of weapons :P
    mmhmm

well that's great, sounds like paradise, no crazy people, everyone is nice! sweet!

I'll just leave this here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Behring_Breivik

how long did it take the police to show up and save the day?

remember when seconds count, the police are minutes away... or in Norway an hour or so away apparently

oh and if your haircut is different and you don't react correctly, we will imprison you and question you without a lawyer

http://www.dagbladet.no/2011/08/12/n.../auf/17647110/

no, but you are right, your country is better than ours...

flecom: Not sure if you having a bad day or something, or you really think it`s OK that a man goes out and kill kids ?
    You seems to have a very high interest in that one psychopath killing little kids on a island, as you have mention that dude for like 5 times now, providing 2 links with the subject, that have absolutely NOTHING with laser to do.

I was referring that Norway have no guns and now we don't have laser pointers either, and I personally think that is OK.
    I dont think "your" country is bad, if I did I would not go there every summer.

But I personally think the weapon laws in US is crazy, and I know I`m not alone about thinking that.
    And if I start digging in wiki or in the news, maybe find some nice videos on liveleak about police officers killing kids and sick sick sick people from your place killing each other with guns, I will find allot.

But I have no intention to dig up dirt about where you live and post it here to make your day bad. I really not see the point !?

That man you are talking about (yes we call him "that man" because we want to forget his name not make him a hero), did something pretty awful like KILLING KIDS, and you use that person to make a point ? there was a 17 year old girl living not far away from me that was shot in the head by that guy. if you want I can send you some pictures of her.

Now i will add my 2 pennies to it, Here aiming a laser at aircraft is a felony no matter what the power is, the basic point is teach your damned kids on the correct way to use a laser and NOT ban them, same for all other weapons, it all starts at the home with parents teaching there kids common sense. sadly that seem to be lacking all over.
    I feel the same way about fire arms, if they are locked behind glass and no one teaches the difference between a toy and a weapon, including the lasers, by it's self it is nothing, until some one picks it up and does something stupid with it, the idea that we are "protected" from inanimate tools is nonsense.
    Also in a free society people can and do stupid things but i firmly believe it's worth the trade off
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Flecom,
    Keep in mind that Norway is not Sweden; "the rape capital of Europe". The old adage applies and even though it is old it became an adage for a reason. "Guns don't kill people, people kill people".

Norway is tiny, very tiny. It has 1/70 the population of the US and I wouldn't be surprised if the number of felons in the US who have committed violent crimes exceeds the population of Norway. Norway has a much more monolithic population. We have millions (close to the population of Norway) of recent immigrants in the US who don't speak our language and many who are active members of gangs.

A government that truly represents the interests of its people would not be imposing any restrictions that the people did not want. A government of,for and by bla, bla,bla, but most governments are nothing of the sort. The US government is a good example, but not the best. THAT is why any government that "is doing this for your own good" is met with such skepticism.
    The laser pointer restrictions just irritates because it reminds us of the tendency of people who do not see a personal threat to their interests, to allow the restrictions to mount.

Plus in Europe there's a very different type of attitude, well at least in the UK.

There's a large groundswell of very vocal people, many of which are uneducated, who believe their way is the correct way and any other differing way is incorrect and should be banned. The days of live and let live attitude are gone. They fix on their view of the world, then after that any other view is wrong and any activity that anyone else takes part in that goes against their view should be banned. I wouldn't be surprised if we're not seeing this in other countries in Europe. I'm afraid the European way is becoming very much ban everything you don't agree with.

I weep for the future
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Can`t resist sharing some information here as well.

Norwegians (and scandinavians in general) are strange - in the eyes of non Scandinavians. The nature of the the mind is to care about each other, look after each other, and teach each other right from wrong. Religion have a foothold, but are more a traditional thing than the way of life. Tradition is strong, changes are not to welcome. If it worked before - why change it. We pay taxes - astronomical amounts compared to others - but most of us understand that we need to cooperate to keep the wheels turning. If you choose to be outside the law, you will get a second, and third chance to behave, without extreme consequences for you and your family. It have been proven many times that the majority of people can be guided into "good citizens" with a fair and firm hand, rather than giving people a punishment for life.

That said- there are changes. The world is becoming a smaller place, and peaceful Norway also have it`s (more than fair) share of immigrants. This of course causes challenges that have to be dealt with. Strong differences in cultures, way of opinions, difference between mine, yours and ours. A lot of the immigrants coming to Norway are fortune seekers, without a legitimate reason to be here, and causing a lot of trouble.

The blending of cultures, are effecting the up growing generation, and we also see a negative trend in the respect for law and order among both domestic and foreign citizens. This of course leads to more governmental control and law enforcement. What did not need regulations before, have to be banned and enforced now as people are getting more and more selfish and "i don`t give a shit" attitude are spreading.

I know this sounds like I`m an old grumpy guy, and it might be right, but i still believe in the best in people, believe in giving a second chance, and that we have to look out for each other.

Someone said that we don`t have guns in Norway, but that is not entirely true. I know that we actually have one of the highest penetrations of firearms pr household in the world. The reason is that we have a long tradition in hunting. Grandpa`s shotgun is still within the family etc. The number of pistols and smallarms are WERY low. The process of obtaining that is difficult and controlled. Semiauto and automatic wepons are not allowed to be owned by anyone exept from Military and Police.

Proud to be Norwegian - Enjoy being Norwegian and respect paying my taxes.

Peace out!!
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!