Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: UKLEM -19 Surfleet, South Lincolnshire, England 9-10-11 & 12th of OCTOBER 2015

Default UKLEM -19 Surfleet, South Lincolnshire, England 9-10-11 & 12th of OCTOBER 2015

UK Laser Enthusiasts Meet

UKLEM -19 - Surfleet, South Lincolnshire England 9-10-11 & 12th of OCTOBER 2015 - 4 Day event!

The dates for the hall are booked for the next Surfleet Laser Enthusiasts Bash and it will be on the 9th (Friday), 10th (Saturday), 11th (Sunday) & 12th (Monday) of OCTOBER 2015 starting at around 08:30 Friday TILL WE FINISH on Monday.

All the usual Surfleet gubbins plus the upper gallery & hall area will be available again for Snogging, Carnal activities, Sleeping & Snore practice purposes as normal.
    There is a huge cooker & 3x fridges available to use throughout the weekend even though the Kitchen area IS the main workshop area usually! (I have been told of a new fitted kitchen being a possibility as well )

Quadcopters and general Radio Control equipment also very welcome.

CAA outdoor laser approval will be sorted for the Friday, Saturday & Sunday night outdoor bashes as usual.
    Bring your BBQ's, Horses, sheep, antelope's etc and hope for some decent weather and nice hazy, cloudy nights

NO Chinese lanterns Please!

Surfleet Village Hall
    Station Road
    Surfleet
    Spalding
    Lincolnshire
    UK
    PE11 4DA

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?zoom=1...=GB&qs=PE114DA

Places to stay:
    http://www.shipinnsurfleet.com/ - ABSOLUTELY SHITE PLACE - THEY TREAT YOU AS FORTH CLASS CITIZENS - DON'T BOTHER!!

http://www.theriversidehotel.info/ - A bit naff but they don't mess customers about like the Ship does! Food is good!

Travelodge Spalding
    Springfields Outlet Centre
    Camel Gate
    Spalding
    0871 984 6383

Failing this, there are plenty of B&B's around the area all findable on Google.

Price for attending this LEM will be:
    £30 Each Person.
    Any money collected at the LEM over the fee's we need to pay for the hall will roll over to pay for the next LEM.

You will be issued with Black bin bags to be kept at your area and ALL your rubbish from the weekend MUST go in these bags AND TAKEN HOME WITH YOU!!! No exceptions to this!
    Upon early leaving and on the Monday during clear up of the event you will be expected to tidy our area and remove cable ties, tape etc, stack your chairs and fold down your table before you go.
    It will be greatly appreciated if this is done xxx
    I don't like rules but some people have been taking things a little too far regarding these issues so I have had to add something here about it.

Please keep your equipment and area neat and tidy AND PLEASE, NO CABLES ACROSS THE CENTER OF THE HALL, ACROSS EMERGENCY EXITS & GENERAL DOORWAYS

Come, enjoy and be very Lasery!

######################################[/B]
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

I'm In .
    Squat that bug,

One day I'll finish my build.
    https://www.facebook.com/Azteclasers?fref=ts

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

I'll be there. without the dog.

"The horizon leans forward offering you space, to place New steps of change"

I'm in for Friday to Sunday . Sorry, can't do the Monday due to other commitments .

Just booked in at the Ship (I know, I know ). One of these days i'll learn my lesson
    Last edited by Jem; 04-14-2015 at 08:23.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Bloodyhell. Not again. This is going to clash with another model railway exhibition and this time it's my own layout that's booked to spend a weekend in Barrow in Furness.
    I do have an idea that may still allow me to attend the the LEM but I first have to find out how the rest of the team feel about going with out me.

So don't count me out yet Jim.
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

Hi, I am a newby, I live in Fishtoft, just outside of Boston. Would love to come along but don't have any antelope, horses or sheep. I can bring my cat but he knows nothing about lasers. Either that or he knows lots about lasers but is not letting on. Anyways, have to speak to Mrs as it's her birthday on the 10th and she was organising some shenaniganswith some friends the other day that I am unsure of at this time. What sort of malarkey goes on at these bashes?

Hey there and welcome to the craziness that is laser addiction! :-)

The LEM is a pretty open event. Bring your gear and some tools plus beer/scotch/vodka (delete as appropriate ) and join the fun. There is usually plenty of helpful and knowledgeable friendly people there who are happy to help you find your feet and show off their own tech.

I will hopefully be at this one so say hi if you come along.

SMOGTHEMOG organises the meets so his word is law, but I'm sure you'll be more than welcome

As for what goes on... I'm sure there are loads of pics and vids in the previous UKLEM threads that'll give you a good idea...
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Hey Karl... You forgot Jack Daniels and Southern Comfort on the list of alcoholic beverages . Great to hear you'll make the upcoming meet, look forward to seeing you again.

@thorcusmodee... The camaraderie at the meets is second to none. I'm sure you'll be made most welcome and have a brilliant time . Living at Boston you'll likely escape the night time antics as I assume you'd drive home for sleep. That subject requires a thread all of its own...

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Jack Daniels
    I heard that and got all excited - you rang?

I'm in.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Thanks for the info, gentlemen. Surfleet is only 10 minutes away so, yes I would come home to sleep but mainly to irritate my Wife and torment the cat. Not sure I would want to bring my gear as I am sure it would be an object of much amusement and derision. It is at the moment put together in what we electronic experts call "dangleymode" . It all sits on a thin sheet of aluminium and is a bit woosey in terms of performance. I think it is quite old but as it only cost me 60 quid with the ILDA / USB converter and MediaLas software I aint complaining. It uses Die4 drivers, my first expenditure will be better lasers that are matched to give me better performance and more "oomph" - another technical term. This is all very new to me, I am also playing with diffractive elements - in my case a selection of obscure glass offcuts from our local glaziers. I have also purchased some light weight acrylic mirror so I can make some interesting effects just with mega cheap laser pointers. It's all damn good fun and can be done on the cheap. I bought 2 super cheap multi lasers off ebay, which were the catalyst for me going the rgb route. Next purchase is a smoke / fog machine. I will shut up now as it is time for my medication.
    Best and all that,
    Dave.