Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New projector build is killing me...

Cool Basic layout complete... (but messy)

Well, so far the blue has remained cool to the touch. I'll keep an eye on it, but I think with the heat sink and the fan I'll be OK.

I finally got the rest of the junk set up on the table. It's messy as hell, but everything works. (Still need to strap the "brick" power supplies down somehow... I might actually replace them with a single supply that can feed both DPSS lasers.) Here's a pic of the completed layout (everything off):

I still need to work on the alignment some, but it's pretty close right now. I've got it sitting atop my stereo cabinet at the moment, right next to the desk where I have the Laptop & docking station with the QM-32 installed. I plan on spending a good bit of time in that room over the next month or so learning how to use all this stuff!

Anyway, more pics: Here's a shot of the ILDA test pattern:

Yeah, it's blurry, I know. I should have set up the tripod, but I was in a hurry. It actually looks a lot better in real life than it does in this photo.

Here's a nice pic showing the colors in all their glory:

I *really* like this analog blanking... The colors are awesome!

There are a few more pics in my gallery if you're interested. I'll upload some more there later this week after I've had a chance to work out a few more bugs. I did watch a few shows after I got everything working, but then my back started bothering me so I decided to call it a day. Still, it's a cool way to end a weekend!

Adam

Thumbs up

Looking good man! Is that green the head off the one I sent to Fred?

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Looking good man! Is that green the head off the one I sent to Fred?
    No, the one I got from you is in my parts bin. I bought another pump diode for it but could never get more than 12 mw from it. The crystals must have been damaged when you blew it so I gave up trying to fix it and comdemed it to the parts bin. I ended up putting the diode in the one I blew at FLEM. I did use the back part of the housing to fix the one I had because I stripped out the screw hole on mine so the parts are coming in handy.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"