Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combining diode lasers, a couple of questions

Default Combining diode lasers, a couple of questions

I'm putting together an RGB system using DPSS, 445nm and 638nm diodes. To match the visible power of the DPSS, I need to combine 10 445nm diodes (running at ~800mW); I plan to knife edge the diodes in 2 banks and combine the 2 banks using a PBS and a 1/2 wave plate, then correct the final output using an anamorphic prism pair. What I'm wondering is if I might be better to up the number of diodes to 12 so that I can knife edge them in a 3x2 array rather than a 5x1 array. What are your thoughts please?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by NobleGas View Post
    I'm putting together an RGB system using DPSS, 445nm and 638nm diodes. To match the visible power of the DPSS, I need to combine 10 445nm diodes (running at ~800mW); I plan to knife edge the diodes in 2 banks and combine the 2 banks using a PBS and a 1/2 wave plate, then correct the final output using an anamorphic prism pair. What I'm wondering is if I might be better to up the number of diodes to 12 so that I can knife edge them in a 3x2 array rather than a 5x1 array. What are your thoughts please?

you could easily drive the lasers harder and reduce the number of diodes you're using.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I'm using the A type 445nm diodes (from an XJ-A130), not sure how hard I can drive them for a reasonable lifespan.

good luck getting 10x 445 diodes corrected using prism pairs ;-)

prism pairs expand the slow axis, so they will also expand any gaps between beams. so put a 0.5mm gap between beams into prism pairs and get a 1mm gap out
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    you could easily drive the lasers harder and reduce the number of diodes you're using.
    OR... sell those and find some M-140 or at LEAST A-140 and that will allow you to just combine a few-- there are lots of threads on safe max power for all kasio diodes(et al) at LPF-- the 130 is the lowest power they ever used---130s sell normally for $20/25 usd each=

hak
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-