Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: laser firefly, any one have one?

Default laser firefly, any one have one?

Was wondering is any one had one of these
    https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/...r-lamp-emerald

I have the parts to make one my self, looks kinda neat for ambient light
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Probably not... after this thread when it came out:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...hlight=firefly

I thought 'Firefly' is just a good whisky... ;-)))
    Alex - no one does it better

ok, the device advertised is not the high power beastie from that thread, it uses 3 AAA batteries with a claimed run time of 5.5 hours, now i am making an assumption, and we all know that has "ass" in it but i have been playing with a holographic diffuser on lower power lasers and get a similar effect, i will read the rest of the thread in detail as i have been up for more then 24 hours.
    but that said i hope to god they don's use a high power laser, it's the run time of 5.5 hours that makes me belive it's lower power, I will try to get more info from the maker if the even bother.
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

I sent them a message and lets see what they say, the effect they show i know can be done with lower power lasers in a dark environment.
    My guess is i will not get any feed back from them and your guy's info would be valid.
    I will probably still build one but i don't have whelplings. I have posted some pics of my living room and is differently not child safe by any means, The only precaution i take is locking up my firearms, but my home is like a pinata, just like any other dragon's lair

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

The one thing that wasn't addressed in that thread I don't think, is how misleading their sales pictures really are. Remember you're only going to see dots on the wall/ceiling unless you have a hazer or fog machine running in your bedroom with this "nightlight" if you want to see beams. Because after all.... you shouldn't smoke in bed. Unless it's after sex. And if you discover smoking after sex, it may be that you're doing it too fast.

Yeah mine is like that, with a smoke machine it looks great, The reason I asked about a scanning mirror in another thread was at night and outdoors i use that with a dpss laser and the slow scan rate though the smoke of the bonfire makes for a really neat effect and i terminate the beam onto a tall tree in his yard.

The green puts out 50mw at the aperture. hope your kid doesnt pick it up and look into it.

They have not responded to my questions so thanks for the info

I did get a reply from the maker http://parhelioninc.com/MfgStatement.pdf
    they claim it meets regulations. I am not buying one now that i built my own version, aimed at the ceiling