Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 500mw RGB Laser Projector Build

Hmm, visually I haven't noticed a drop in power. I don't have a power meter yet but I'd like to get one to at least categorize this module. When I do I'll post the results here, as well as any discrepencies in the stated power vs. actual. Specs say 80mW @532nm, but we'll see what actual measured output is once I can filter out the IR spillage. Being a cheapie chinese laser I'm sure there's at least a "few" mW of IR spillage out the front.

Anyone know of a source for relatively inexpensive wideband IR (808-1064nm) dichros, and flex mounts/MM1s?

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Cool to see someone is actually made the effort to build something these days instead of buying of the shelf. Good work, you can be proud!!!
    As a rule, I never buy what I can build Plus, if I build it, I get exactly what I want!

Looks good. I did a similar PJ, and I can't say that I have any other PJ projects with the same "bang for the buck" factor. Have not had the need for realignment so far, so I guess I am lucky with that one. Used for beams most of the time, but also played some pong and astriods.

Keep it up.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

That type of build would be great for me as well, but i don't have CAD software, is there anything that's free and can that? 1:1? sorry if it's off topic.
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Quote Originally Posted by Draco View Post
    That type of build would be great for me as well, but i don't have CAD software, is there anything that's free and can that? 1:1? sorry if it's off topic.
    Try DesignSpark Mechanical from RS. It's free, can incorporate stuff from DesignSpark PCB and can also be used for 3D printing.

It's what I used to do this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laser Projector CAD.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	239.8 KB 
ID:	47098

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Optics Deck.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	47099
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!