Thread: New and need help lightspace vs laserworld

Laser Warning New and need help lightspace vs laserworld

Hello everyone I am new to the forum here and am looking to get into my first lasers for my mobile DJ business and have read posts on different threads that everyone else here is more knowledgeable about lasers than I am. A bit of background I rented an x-laser skywriter rgb 750mw for a show and was very disappointed. I want to go bigger. I am between two different lasers and want to know what laser will be a better investment in the long run. I am looking at the Laserworld ds 1800 or a Light Space USA Venus 18 or 29 RGB. I want to make sure my purchase will last. The thing that scares me with the Venus is that there is not a way to realign the diodes if they are off (excuse my ignorance maybe someone can help me with that). I also want to make sure they are both 100% legal to use in the US with a variance. I am looking forward to hearing what you all recommend.

Thanks,
    Dave

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by djincle View Post
    Hello everyone I am new to the forum here and am looking to get into my first lasers for my mobile DJ business and have read posts on different threads that everyone else here is more knowledgeable about lasers than I am. A bit of background I rented an x-laser skywriter rgb 750mw for a show and was very disappointed. I want to go bigger. I am between two different lasers and want to know what laser will be a better investment in the long run. I am looking at the Laserworld ds 1800 or a Light Space USA Venus 18 or 29 RGB. I want to make sure my purchase will last. The thing that scares me with the Venus is that there is not a way to realign the diodes if they are off (excuse my ignorance maybe someone can help me with that). I also want to make sure they are both 100% legal to use in the US with a variance. I am looking forward to hearing what you all recommend.

Thanks,
    Dave
    i would not consider laserworld if you want your projector to last
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I have read that from other posts here. Do you have any experience with Light Space USA?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

I have read that from other posts here. Do you have any experience with Light Space USA?
    lightspace USA is run by walt meador. walt is an old school laserist with an excellent reputation.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I purchased 2x Venus II 2.9 projectors through Walt and had an awesome experience. These were shipped to me - taken to Honduras (big and little planes) - travelled around a small rocky island on a 4 wheeler - then back to the US (big and little planes) and are still perfectly in alignment! Awesome projectors. Will, for sure, be buying more of them in the future.

Cheers
    Rich

Thanks that is good to know! I saw a light space that was from china and not that I am opposed I do not want to chance it with the legalities of lasers and spending something a little more expensive I really want it to last and perform.

Thanks that is good to know! I saw a light space that was from china and not that I am opposed I do not want to chance it with the legalities of lasers and spending something a little more expensive I really want it to last and perform.

Hi Dave,

Lightspace USA is the stock/office of Lightspace now, what you get from both have the same pricing, USA variance, and USA local service.

here is the contact linkage:

http://www.eightonlight.cn/contact

Thanks, Omar