Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have trouble converging

The ultimate lab prank.... Hey bro, I turned one of the knobs on your experiment. Umm, sorry, can't remember which one.

I'm still curious to see all the beam path. It probably needs a lot of power to go through all of this and still get some usable light back.

Fred.

... if the power is sufficient, then this seems to be a really good idea to burn away all the spider-webs too

Viktor

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by logsquared View Post
    The ultimate lab prank.... Hey bro, I turned one of the knobs on your experiment. Umm, sorry, can't remember which one.
    Where do I send you the therapy bill from the sudden flashback ? That has happened to me on a 350,000$ install.
    My boss couldn't believe it till a few months later he met the Postdoc who did it.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

I have a friend that used to like kicking a cable-bundle under the dash board on the passenger side, i would be going up a hill and lose most of my engine power, turn and see he found a spot to kick that would take the vehicle out of closed-loop, it was a jumper on my 1988 S-10, the fist time he did it, i went though hell trying to fix it, reading codes, testing sensors, following cable runn...sss Hey the jack to put the vehicle in a service mode was kicked open, last week he joked about in my current car asking if i wanted that "feature" back
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

one lab joke some one did to me was put a broken oscilloscope on my bench after a bathroom break,
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Quote Originally Posted by Draco View Post
    one lab joke some one did to me was put a broken oscilloscope on my bench after a bathroom break,
    I like to think that there is a special place in Hell reserved for pranksters like this...

Adam