Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US legal lasers

Default US legal lasers

Hi everyone I am looking into purchasing my first laser for my mobile DJ business. I am looking for something that will be legal in the US that I can get a variance for. I what to know what companies you like best for about a 2w to 3w RGB laser that I can use with quickshow and has at least 40k scanners.

Thanks,
    Dave

Personally, I think you should contact X-Laser at: 866.702.7768 or sales@x-laser.com

They're friendly, knowledgable and represent the easiest path to achieving your goals.

Oh, and before you ask, no I don't work there nor have any vested interest other than furtherance of safe participation in our "hobby"

I would consider x-laser however I rented a skywriter for a local company and it was just not powerful enough for my needs. They really do not seem to have anything in the 2 to 3 watt range.

You could always pick up a Lightspace Venus II from lightspaceusa.com

Pricing is attractive and they're right at the power you want. Call up Walt: http://www.lightspaceusa.com/contact-us-1.html

You'll have to put in a little more work to get your variance though... X-laser's EZ Variance is dead simple.

Quote Originally Posted by djincle View Post
    I would consider x-laser however I rented a skywriter for a local company and it was just not powerful enough for my needs. They really do not seem to have anything in the 2 to 3 watt range.
    The Skywriter only goes up to 1.7 watts. The Defiant series goes up to 20 watts RGB.

Adam

How difficult is the variance for lightspace? I am not worried about taking the time to do it I just want to make sure If thats the direction I go it will be granted.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by djincle View Post
    How difficult is the variance for lightspace? I am not worried about taking the time to do it I just want to make sure If thats the direction I go it will be granted.
    you should not have a problem getting lasers from lightspace usa varianced.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

The lasers themselves already are by Walt. What YOU need is a show variance which, in theory, you don't even need to physically own a projector for. You can list a whole series of projectors... including X-Laser products, on your show variance. The thinking is that, you MAY rent one someday for a show and therefore, you are covered. I have projectors listed in my variance that I've never seen or have any idea who makes.

You could actually start working on the paperwork today if you wanted.

you dont need a list of projectors on you var anymore mine just has a line like any certified projector by our company or another

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    you dont need a list of projectors on you var anymore mine just has a line like any certified projector by our company or another
    This used to be the case. My variance says the same thing - "any projector that has been certified under a manufacturer's variance". The thinking back then was "a variance is a variance", and thus there shouldn't be different versions of the same document just because you use a different brand of projector.

However, recently I have seen variances issued by the CDRH that specifically listed individual projector models and/or families. So evidently something has changed and the CDRH is once again issuing item-specific variances. Sigh - flavor of the month I guess.

Adam