Thread: ThorLabs

Thumbs up ThorLabs

Anyone order from Thor Labs lately? Their prices are great, shipping is fast and I'm diggin these Lab Snack boxes they keep shipping! My last order was only about $20 worth of stuff and I still got a big box o' goodies. My entire order could have fit in the lab snacks box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03244.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	33208

I know it's sad, but I get giddy every time I place an order with them... besides they constitute a postgrad's meal...
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    I know it's sad, but I get giddy every time I place an order with them... besides they constitute a postgrad's meal...
    I left a labsnacks box alone for less then 42.7 seconds... Lost my jelly bears to a hungry grad student, ... Had to put up with a breakfast bar....

Never again will I leave a unsecured labsnacks box.

For small orders they now have a mini labsnack, and thats what I shamefully left alone...

Just think about how well the candy vending guy did when he landed Thorlabs...

Gotta admit, the labsnacks and fast service are why I look there first. Also generally you can navigate their website, unlike some of the bigger vendors. No "FLASH" trash to dig through.

Met the president/CEO of Thorlabs at a CLEO conference once, my kinda guy. Sharp, even noticed which both I came from, and asked me why I was there.
    When the CEO listens, and is a lab rat by profession, you get good service.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 06-19-2012 at 14:20.

I'll second this with the generally very good quality of their products.

I think the lab snacks should become a standard and I am going to start complaining to EO, MG, JML, Tower, Newport, and DTR whenever they fail to include some food with their deliveries.
    Last edited by planters; 06-20-2012 at 12:21.

Damn! where's my snacks!

I got this tiny order http://www.thorlabs.us/thorproduct.c...umber=DT12XZ/M

No snacks!

Main problem I find with Thorlabs and Edmunds is there limited shipping options. Shipping costs are murderous for small parts to Aus.

Just wish I could justify the cost doubling or tripping the total due to shipping.

I got a $12 CDAR 1/2" window from Edmunds, shipping was $73(from Singapore) which is just up the road. I got five just in case, I wouldn't want to have to pay $85 if I suddenly needed another one.

How expensive is Thorlabs shipping to US address?