Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad's next purchase... (Just kidding!)

Quote Originally Posted by RGbee View Post
    Yup, they're scarey!
    Ha ha ha. I just have to comment that that is the funnies trailer I think I've ever seen! Especially the complete disregard for quadcopter physics, reality and common sense.

I also want to give a thanks to everyone (especially Brad) for sharing about the CX-10. I got it (with blade guards) for my brothers birthday last week and him and I have been having a great time flying it! It sure is a great gift for the price.

EDIT: I also do want to note that Brad mentioned in post #15 that the CX-10 can't fly outdoors. I find that I can fly it outside on normal calm days just fine. Though you do have to compensate for any wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I'm almost small enough I could use it to get back and forth from the venue and the hotel!
    Here you go Brad! Only $72000
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb7lSqbJYog

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Oh....hell.... yeah...

I've always wanted a Rotorway Scorpion but, this will do.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Here you go Brad! Only $72000
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb7lSqbJYog
    Dang -
    Good thing I have limits on my PayPal account ...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

What do you guys think of this for a hundred bucks?

https://www.livingsocial.com/product...era-led-lights

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

It's not bad but, the WL Toys one we've linked to in the past is basically the same specs for $61 however.... you probably have a much shorter wait time with this one versus Banggood and, it's a little beefier even though the WL Toys is damn near indestructible. The good thing is it comes with blade guards. That's my $.02 anyway....

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ht...l-p-67794.html
    PM Sent...

Bangood has a US warehouse. Here is the quad Hank wants. $56
    http://www.banggood.com/Syma-X5C-Exp...-p-913827.html

Chris
    Last edited by Lazerjock; 06-27-2015 at 05:56.

Well shit. Banggood has done it again. How about a complete FPV quad kit, including the radio and the camera / goggle system, for less than $315 delivered.?. Believe it!

http://www.banggood.com/Walkera-Runn...-p-980608.html

Just wating for Chris to tell me why this is a bad idea... I really like the idea that it can also carry a GoPro in addition to the FPV camera. That means you can record the entire flight in high-def. Plus it also means the bird has plenty of excess lift. (Take a look at the huge battery it flies with!)

Long term I'd prefer to put the dual-camera stereoscopic FPV system on this, of course, but that's an extra $525. In the short run this seems like a nice starter package, and the DEVO 7 radio, while not exactly world class, at least has all the programmable functions you'd ever want... Wonder how hard it would be to upgrade the ESCs and motors? (Also wondering if you'd even need to do so; it already has a huge battery so I'm guessing this thing has plenty of oomph.)

Chris, do you have any comments on this?

EDIT: Nevermind! It appears that in order to get the FPV goggles it's over $700. (ouch!) I didn't realize the $315 price I was looking at was just for the quad, battery, charger, radio, camera, and image transmitter. So you'd still need the image receiver radio + some sort of display device (or goggles). Also, they include something called an OSD... I'm assuming that "OSD" stands for an on-screen display that indicates battery voltage (or other parameters) on the FPV screen while you are flying.?. Not sure about that though.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 07-09-2015 at 09:22.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    EDIT: Nevermind! It appears that in order to get the FPV goggles it's over $700. (ouch!) I didn't realize the $315 price I was looking at was just for the quad, battery, charger, radio, camera, and image transmitter. So you'd still need the image receiver radio + some sort of display device (or goggles). Also, they include something called an OSD... I'm assuming that "OSD" stands for an on-screen display that indicates battery voltage (or other parameters) on the FPV screen while you are flying.?. Not sure about that though.

Adam
    Ok here's my short sweet to the point answer.
    You figured it out......Everything you said in the edit is accurate.

Chris

Fark! Who needs a jet model!
    This space for rent.