Thread: Trying to ID GSI OEM galvo

Default Trying to ID GSI OEM galvo

I have a couple of scanheads fitted with GSI galvos; the galvos have part number 3008022 (or possibly 300B022) marked on them; I'd like to try and find out the specs on these. What I do know is that they use opto position feedback, so they must be from the more recent history of GSIs designs. These are in Sharplan / Surgilase cosmetic surgery units if anyone's interested in looking out for any.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by NobleGas View Post
    I have a couple of scanheads fitted with GSI galvos; the galvos have part number 3008022 (or possibly 300B022) marked on them; I'd like to try and find out the specs on these. What I do know is that they use opto position feedback, so they must be from the more recent history of GSIs designs. These are in Sharplan / Surgilase cosmetic surgery units if anyone's interested in looking out for any.
    To Quote ALL That Which Is,

"This thread is useless without pictures".

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Pictures as requested.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0064.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	46992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0065.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	46993Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0066.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	46994

Got a bit more information on these now; there's a single coil and the resistance measures 2.8 Ohms; the wiring to the position sensor has and LED drive circuit with an internal current limiting resistor (180 Ohms), 2 PD output signals, +ve, -ve and 0V supplies. The PCB in the scanner head has some comparators for position limit checking, over temperature sensing and an AGC circuit to control the current of the LED in the PD. Movement of the mirror is 45 degrees total.
    The mounting body of the galvo is 12.7mm (1/2") and is 17mm (approx 11/16") long to the black plastic part or 22mm (7/8") including the plastic part. The body enclosing the PD is 28.5mm diameter and 19mm tall (3/4").

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by NobleGas View Post
    Got a bit more information on these now; there's a single coil and the resistance measures 2.8 Ohms; the wiring to the position sensor has and LED drive circuit with an internal current limiting resistor (180 Ohms), 2 PD output signals, +ve, -ve and 0V supplies. The PCB in the scanner head has some comparators for position limit checking, over temperature sensing and an AGC circuit to control the current of the LED in the PD. Movement of the mirror is 45 degrees total.
    The mounting body of the galvo is 12.7mm (1/2") and is 17mm (approx 11/16") long to the black plastic part or 22mm (7/8") including the plastic part. The body enclosing the PD is 28.5mm diameter and 19mm tall (3/4").
    In a first for me with respect to galvos, I'm speechless. No idea....

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...