Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pangolin QM2000 (LD2000PRO)

Quote Originally Posted by haymaker View Post
    I recall something being said about Beyond being a bridge for developers into the FB3, I don't know if this will ever happen but is something it really needs. I think the convenience of a small USB / CAT5 box outweighs the advantages QM2000 had for many people.
    Agreed. I spent good $$$ on a QM2K and the fact that it is locked to a PC unless I get a .net host makes me glad for the future hardware. I am happy to see the new DACs come on the scene. Don't get me wrong, for analog style abstracts, LD2K with a QM card is VERY creamy!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

an SDK is said to come out but its not on high priority it seems development wise.. it will come out 'eventually'. Nevertheless new dac or not the problem does need to be adressed... as the beyond QM framerate problem devalues the QM greatly which isnt that nice for the people who did shell out a lot for QM

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    an SDK is said to come out but its not on high priority it seems development wise.. it will come out 'eventually'. Nevertheless new dac or not the problem does need to be adressed... as the beyond QM framerate problem devalues the QM greatly which isnt that nice for the people who did shell out a lot for QM
    I use my QM in a .net enclosure with beyond and haven't had any framerate problems that I've noticed?

You will have to pry my dead hands off my card. Beyond is too complex for me. I prefer ld2000 with lc max. I would like different effects engine but love the simplicity of the timeline functionally and visually.

I like lastudio as well.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i would expect the price to continue falling.
    Hehe we don't! The LD2000 series is still our most popular professional product. Buy 1 piece of software, get 1 for free. Then you have support for both the industry's largest legacy platform and the industry's newest and most actively developed platform. This continues to resonate with people, and we have not forecasted a decline in LD2000 sales.

Regarding performance with the QM2000, some people have reported problems with what Pieter called streaming, but we're still trying to identify the source and cause. Indeed it's not as smooth with BEYOND as FB3 or FB4 but some users report using up to six QM2000.NET successfully with BEYOND. Greg Makhov at LSDI routinely does large shows with that kind of setup.

Bill

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Hehe we don't! The LD2000 series is still our most popular professional product. Buy 1 piece of software, get 1 for free. Then you have support for both the industry's largest legacy platform and the industry's newest and most actively developed platform. This continues to resonate with people, and we have not forecasted a decline in LD2000 sales.

Regarding performance with the QM2000, some people have reported problems with what Pieter called streaming, but we're still trying to identify the source and cause. Indeed it's not as smooth with BEYOND as FB3 or FB4 but some users report using up to six QM2000.NET successfully with BEYOND. Greg Makhov at LSDI routinely does large shows with that kind of setup.

Bill
    that was not intended as a dig. there's just been a history of folks selling their ld2K boards here with prices mysteriously lowering week after week.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    there's just been a history of folks selling their ld2K boards here with prices mysteriously lowering week after week.
    I don't often come to PL forum. But reading what you wrote above my response is -- "folks"? Or only one folk from Russia?

This one folk may be repeatedly lowering his price because he knows something buyers don't. Alternatively it could be a realization (or reflection) that these days goods are very hard to get in and out of Russia due to strict customs enforcement. I heard a story on NPR where people can go to jail for 7 years for improper importation of Cheese...

Bill

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    I don't often come to PL forum. But reading what you wrote above my response is -- "folks"? Or only one folk from Russia?

This one folk may be repeatedly lowering his price because he knows something buyers don't. Alternatively it could be a realization (or reflection) that these days goods are very hard to get in and out of Russia due to strict customs enforcement. I heard a story on NPR where people can go to jail for 7 years for improper importation of Cheese...

Bill
    here's a brief sampling. some of which are showing price deflation.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...Beyond-license
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ghlight=LD2000 (this thread)
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ghlight=LD2000
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...370-QM2000-net
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...Beyond-License
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I looked at the threads linked above.

Hehe... One guy started off essentially at "retail", then reduced his price to something more reasonable. Two of the threads above have only a single price (not declining over time).

In any event, I would call these good deals and people should snap them up while the getting is good!

I have purchased two LeCroy oscilloscopes, two Stanford Research SR785, and two special HP Gain/Phase analyzers all on eBay. All of these are still being sold at retail right now. Just because you can get a good deal doesn't mean the value is declining! LeCroy, Stanford Research and Agilent (test equipment division of HP) aren't hurting...

Certainly we are selling brand new LD2000 systems at our normal prices which have not changed in years. When I went into the office on Friday what I see is that our shipping tables are full. We are not forecasting a slowdown...

Bill